8am start Monday 11/26. Peaks here officially tomorrow! let's go

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Peak has been here since two weeks ago around here. I've been pulling a trailer and dropping packages off at a POD since last week. Yes. two golf cart workers worth of stuff.

DS

Fenderbender
Not really trying to have a pissing contest here...I am just curious if the miles driven really matter to a driver. BTW those 180 start at about noontime after I get out of the university which is a solid 1 1/2 to 2 hours and only counts as 3 stops.
The miles add to your planned day on the operations report.
They just make you look better on paper.To a driver it means
that you will be wasting time driving instead of delivering.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Provided they are "honest" miles, in a bonus center extra miles increase your allowance, thus increasing your chance of getting bonus or improving what bonus you may get. I don't meet misloads I don't like anymore after realizing this fact.

When I was in a non-bonus center I felt good being able to come in under on the report. This was back when an actual person rode with you on a time study, so the allowances were somewhat reasonable. Thus, I appreciated miles back then as well. Again, it must be noted they must be "good" miles: no driving around a block twice or thongs like that. Sometimes I drive by stops by accident and worry someone will look at my report and wonder about the extra driving.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No one has ever told you that it is wrong to falsify deliver records?

Not in so many words, no. If I get to a business which is closed on Wednesdays, and I get there at 1201, I can't sheet it as closed since it's after 12, am I to waste time later in the day (hopefully before 5) to go back and re-sheet it? That would be padding stops, which is more dishonest than doing what I do.

Well, maybe not MORE dishonest, but certainly no less so

ymelord

Not in so many words, no. If I get to a business which is closed on Wednesdays, and I get there at 1201, I can't sheet it as closed since it's after 12, am I to waste time later in the day (hopefully before 5) to go back and re-sheet it? That would be padding stops, which is more dishonest than doing what I do.

It isn't a waste of time to your customer who needs that pkg on that day and paid for you to do that. Until UPS changes the rules I guess they expect you to go back. I just served a suspension for sheeting between 12 and 1. It won't happen again, no matter how far I have to back track.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Different situation than what were talking about earlier, if a business is known closed you can sheet it anytime you want. What we were talking about was getting to a business before they open, pre-recording the stop, and then sheeting it as closed after 0900. That's falsifying delivery records.

ymelord

Different situation than what were talking about earlier, if a business is known closed you can sheet it anytime you want. What we were talking about was getting to a business before they open, pre-recording the stop, and then sheeting it as closed after 0900. That's falsifying delivery records.
Just gone through all of this you can't sheet a known closed anytime you want. You have to sheet during attempt.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

It's not padding stops since you never sheeted it in the first place closed. You are expected to make service in accordance with UPS's guildlines. The have said multiple times not to sheet packages between 12-1 and after 5 closed. My suggestion to avoid having this issue is not to deliver businesses during these times and you won't have to worry about it. If you do have to go back because one was closed during those times, then you go back. It's not for you to decide what is a waste of time and whats not, you are to work as directed and be paid hourly to do so.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just gone through all of this you can't sheet a known closed anytime you want. You have to sheet during attempt.

Drivers have been fired for such acts in our center. It becomes an issue only when a customer complains. This is why I believe Superballs has yet to be confronted by management on this issue. The whole "turn a blind eye until a third party is involved" thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
240 stops tomorrow.

Do you really know at how many stops you will have the next day? Most of the time I didn't know how many stops I was suppose to have until the rear door was slammed shut just before I pulled away from the dock. Then it was more or less just a guess.

ymelord

Drivers have been fired for such acts in our center. It becomes an issue only when a customer complains. This is why I believe Superballs has yet to be confronted by management on this issue. The whole "turn a blind eye until a third party is involved" thing.
No customer complaint, customer wasn't open all day that day, got caught in an audit, the warning letter before this was that I sheeted a misload from another route as NI1 instead of missed, it was after 5.