8hr day question.

When you run an 8 hr requested day you change the pay code to 05, which is punch to punch.
Where I'm at you don't do this and if you did it would be falsifying your timecard unless you were instructed or given an instruction.

Let's all remember that this site is a great resource but the things that are suggested here are just that suggestions.

Union related questions ask your steward or ba. Company questions ask your ba steward and your manager.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Where I'm at you don't do this and if you did it would be falsifying your timecard unless you were instructed or given an instruction.

Let's all remember that this site is a great resource but the things that are suggested here are just that suggestions.

Union related questions ask your steward or ba. Company questions ask your ba steward and your manager.
Upstate falsifying records? Never!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Code 05 is most certainly punch to punch, although your center team will change it to 06 if you work more than 8 hours.
Wrong. Code 5 simply means no 8 hr guarantee aka hours worked. It does not waive requirements of a lunch and does not give management permission to change your timecard. Per the contract and many state labor laws management shall not modify a timecard without employee knowledge/permission.

Johney

We are a bonus center and you will not get bonus on a 05. Some drivers will get an 8.75 planned 8 hr request and can still get in by 8hrs(don't ask me how but whatever). So they get .75 in bonus along with their 8hr guarantee.

UPS WORKHORSE

Wrong. Code 5 simply means no 8 hr guarantee aka hours worked. It does not waive requirements of a lunch and does not give management permission to change your timecard. Per the contract and many state labor laws management shall not modify a timecard without employee knowledge/permission.

Exactly. That's why air drivers on Saturday use code 05. It's waives the 8 hours, but they still have to take a lunch. It doesn't waive sandwich time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

browniehound

When you have an 8hr day. Does your lunch count as part of that 8hrs? So if I punched in at 830am what punch out time would be 8hrs?

Where does UPS find these people and how do they make it through life? Anyone who has to question if a non-paid lunch break is part of an 8 hour paid day must need help with ordinary, everyday, simple tasks in their life a

TooTechie

Geek in Brown