9-11-10

av8torntn

, this was planned by people with access to much more information and covertness then a bunch of bumbling bozos who live in caves...

Some of those that "live in caves" are highly educated. I would agree that some are bumbling bozos but there are those that are not and to just dismiss them because you think they live in caves would seem to be a mistake to me.

If you feel empowered to determine what's proper discourse, then apply for a moderater's position, or start you own website. In the meantime if you have a problem with someone's post, then just man up, hit reply and post it head on for everyone to see and debate. Negative rep's are there for ALL to see, along with your snide comment, it's obvisously not inteneded for me alone to see. That's why the webite provides private messages.... So if your into tar and feathering peoples reputation, well, at least allow me to give you a good reason.....Shove it yourself, and your neg rep.....And just as a reminder, you came at me...now I see why you have constant pissing matches with other posters in BC.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. The only people that will ever see your negative reps(or my "snide" comment) are the ones that care enough to go to your profile page or those that would be interested enough to keep up with your rep points. I have no need to tar and feather your reputation, you do just fine all on your own,
If it makes you feel better neg rep me back, I promise to act like I care.

I'll save anyone that might vaguely be interested in just what my "snide" comment was:

Your weak attempt to relate some obviously mentally sick whackos with organized, concerted , terrorist groups is astounding. Thanks for an even more insulting highjack of the thread meant to bring memory of an attack on your own home land.

av8torntn

I don't interpret anything.......I read the words and I understand English.

Even Catholics are discouraged from interpreting the bible....that's suppose to be the pope's job and he's suppose to be infallible in those matters.

All that meant to me as a teenager was that I didn't have to read the bible.

How could "kill where you find them" even be open to interpretation?

I fail to see how context even matters here.

av8torntn

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. The only people that will ever see your negative reps(or my "snide" comment) are the ones that care enough to go to your profile page or those that would be interested enough to keep up with your rep points. I have no need to tar and feather your reputation, you do just fine all on your own,

I'll save anyone that might vaguely be interested in just what my "snide" comment was:

Your weak attempt to relate some obviously mentally sick whackos with organized, concerted , terrorist groups is astounding. Thanks for an even more insulting highjack of the thread meant to bring memory of an attack on your own home land.

From someone who has had plenty of negative reps. Diesel is being overly sensitive.

diesel96

Here's a few insulting hijacks of the memory of 9/11 that Trp skipped over to call me out.....

It would have made More`s day if they stopped and took a dump in front of the mosque.

mine too. i put it on my facebook page i love it so much.

That would have been awesome!!!:funny:

poop.jpg

If that doesn't bother you TRP, what does ?

This post below is what set me off to reference Christian Domestic terrorist, as a double standard attitude about holding a whole religion in contempt for actions of a few...IMO not hijacking this thread at all...

More,its a great commercial.The sincerity of the producers is simply felt and not spoken.
A dedication of remembrance to the 3000 people that died for their country.
I want everyone to know that most Canadians are not as hollow and blind as Klein seems to be.
Although we are racially diverse here,I for one,disagree with this forgiving crap,until every one
of the extremest barbarians comes out of the 3rd century and embraces the present.
I work with muslims every day,and most are good people,but I don't forgive them for 9-11.
I think Klein should apologize and admit he totally missed the point.It was not a beer add John,
it was a tribute.

Not only is this post below an example of hijacking, but seems to be an on going slam on Klein, and a mockery of the TOS.....Why his Canadian pride bothers the hell out the mostly conservative posters here lunacy. Canadians aren't much different than Americans

this one scared me.

I ask you again, those previous posts of taking dumps on a 9/11 thread didn't phase you enough to neg rep your buddies, but as soon as the "left wing" guy post something relevant, let's jump on him....It's transparent how you play this game....

, this was planned by people with access to much more information and covertness then a bunch of bumbling bozos who live in caves...

QUOTE]

Some of those that "live in caves" are highly educated. I would agree that some are bumbling bozos but there are those that are not and to just dismiss them because you think they live in caves would seem to be a mistake to me.

Fair enough, Av8, still alot of questions not addresses in the 9/11 report...

From someone who has had plenty of negative reps. Diesel is being overly sensitive.

I think you would agree, this thread got real ugly from the start...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
then a bunch of bumbling bozos who live in caves...

+1, you beat me to that point.

Canadians aren't much different than Americans
Um, haven't you figured this out yet? Canadian's are Bizarro American's.:wink2:

Diesel, why are you defending Klein so much? Just go to his profile and read ALL of his posts. I understand that one may like one's country more than another, but to interject that notion into EVERY single thread, is just plain silly. We got it, the first few times, but now it's overkill.

I also want to comment on how Klein set himself up for being associated with Child Molester's. Read all of his posts about Cuba, the "poor" children there that don't have anything. You don't need to be a mathematician to put all the pieces together, and again, no one actually called him a child molester. What was said is that by appearances, he could be labeled a center manager. I have no idea what Klein does on his free time, which is all the time he has. All I know is that he always Hi-Jacks threads, even his own, and claims to be Mr. Know It All, yet misspells enough words that it makes you wonder if he's PUI. If none of this is food for thought, then by all means defend him, but again I ask, WHY?

Sorry to break up your post, but I needed to highlight the parts that stuck out to ME. As for your 911 theories, that's exactly what they are, theories, and everyone has one of THOSE.:wink2:

av8torntn

But I still think you are being just a little overly sensitive. 9-11 is a very emotionally charged subject in this Country and I would think that you would know that before getting involved in the conversation. No matter what your opinion is you have to have known that you could get negative rep for it. You jumped in to a subject you should have know people have strong feelings about. I've done it many times and gotten negative rep also but you had to know it was coming is all I'm saying.

It's such a sensitive subject to me that I've held my tongue when you guys try to compare 9-11 to the bombing of an abortion clinic or think that it was not done in the name of Islam because they killed theirselves which by the way is not prohibited as you seem to suggest. There are many contradictions in Islam and to be fair in other religions as well but to me it is as offensive to see you guys try to excuse them or whatever you're trying to do as it is to you to get negative rep but there are times when it seems like a better option to keep some things to yourself. I am not trying to argue with you or agree with you I am just offering an explanation as to why I think you are being overly dramatic.

As far as changing the subject of a thread I think most of us have done that before also.:wink2:

wkmac

Regarding the religious views on suicide of the 3 Abrahamic religions, all 3 are opposed to the act and in some cases of all 3, there are sects who consider the act beyond redemption and salvation of any type. When it comes to using suicide as a weapon, the Islamist are just another in a long line to do so. We see mighty Samson in the judeo-christian tradition as a hero but to the Philistines he might have been seen as a suicide terrorist. One man's perspective!

As for educated men being in Al Qaeda, this is true as bin Laden was a civil engineer as well as business savy from his father's construction company. al-Zawahiri is a doctor and was hugely influenced by American educated Sayyid Qutb who was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. For a good source on the Zawahiri/Qutb connection, see part 1 of the BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares" at google video.

Gov't is and always has been a notorious liar. I see no reason at all to believe this is no longer true regardless which political party runs the show. 9 years later, there still are questions about 9/11 and they may never be answered in our lifetime but since gov't under both parties lie, I see no reason to believe them either in what they proclaim as historical fact unless I establish it so for myself. I'm not convinced at all that our gov't was behind the 9/11 attacks although if the future proves otherwise I'd not be shocked either but I do believe they had enough evidence to justify foreknowledge of coming events and did nothing to prevent it.

A number of serious questions are raised that if true are very troubling to say the least.

av8torntn

wkmac;769246[URL="http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/bridge-r1.1.1.html" said:
still are questions about 9/11[/URL]

That article said there is little or no evidence that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9-11. I wonder why he released that video taking responsibility?

Here's a few insulting hijacks of the memory of 9/11 that Trp skipped over to call me out.....

If that doesn't bother you TRP, what does ?
All three of those posts, as off color as they are, are directly related to the video in the original post...not high jacks.

This post below is what set me off to reference Christian Domestic terrorist, as a double standard attitude about holding a whole religion in contempt for actions of a few...IMO not hijacking this thread at all...
Still can't see the difference in a handful of whackos operating individually and 18,000
( http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2004/05/journal_an_esti.html ) whackos operating in groups across the globe( and that is Al-Qaeda alone in 2004)? I'm sorry, but you seem way too intelligent to miss that point.

I wondered about DS's statement on not forgiving the muslims that he works with, by the time I saw that post someone else had already questioned him about it. The comment by DS just seemed out of character for him , maybe there are issues he has experienced the you or I know nothing about.

Not only is this post below an example of hijacking, but seems to be an on going slam on Klein, and a mockery of the TOS.....Why his Canadian pride bothers the hell out the mostly conservative posters here lunacy. Canadians aren't much different than Americans
I admit that I tend to not pay much attention to the Klein pile-ons, mainly because he pretty much asks for it.
If Klein was merely showing Canadian pride, I wouldn't mind at all. It is when he starts with the " Canada is so much better than the USA" crap that I do get offended(actually offended is too strong of a word). I do have pride in the USA and will defend her. There are several other reasons that members here do not like him and many of his posts. I do try to stay out of the pile ons. I kinda feel sorry for Klein(not in a pitiful way), he just doesn't see how big of a PIA he is. There has been numerous attempts to let him know, but they have all been ignored. My post on this thread about changing the name of the thread was an attempt to slow down the K bashing by awareness.

I ask you again, those previous posts of taking dumps on a 9/11 thread didn't phase you enough to neg rep your buddies, but as soon as the "left wing" guy post something relevant, let's jump on him....It's transparent how you play this game....
Already answered.

Fair enough, Av8, still alot of questions not addresses in the 9/11 report...

I would agree to that, the highjack started by Klein did get ugly, that is why I decided to respond (initially) to your highjack directly.
Your post was close enough related to the original post to not be able to call it apples/oranges but it sure was far enough off intention of the thread to call it an apple tree/orchard.

Nimnim

The Nim
9-11-10 has passed. This thread should be locked!

And then next year we start a new thread to discuss this one?

Anyways, there's still life in this thread, no need to close it. People pay their respects in odd ways, even if it's debating conspiracy theories or beer commercials.

rod

Retired 22 years
As long as this thread has gone a few different directions what is everyones feeling about the families of the 9-11 victims being compensated to the tune of about a million and a half each. I personally think it was a bad policy to set.

As long as this thread has gone a few different directions what is everyones feeling about the families of the 9-11 victims being compensated to the tune of about a million and a half each. I personally think it was a bad policy to set.
I thought it was a bad idea when GWB started it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also agree that $1.5M is too much. I think 1/3 of that would be more appropriate.

MinnesotaBrown

Based on what? The salary of the waiter at Windows on the World? Or the income of a senior trader at Morgan Stanley? Multiply that by the remaining years of potential income that would have come to the families?
1.5 million may have been a windfall for the former, a drastic loss of income for the latter. Whats your life worth?

bbsam

Staff member
Based on what? The salary of the waiter at Windows on the World? Or the income of a senior trader at Morgan Stanley? Multiply that by the remaining years of potential income that would have come to the families?
1.5 million may have been a windfall for the former, a drastic loss of income for the latter. Whats your life worth?
Well if that's the standard, why is the US government paying anything to any of them? My tax dollars paying for the actions of murderous terrorists?