9/11

Just_another_day_at_work

I would be more impressed if the author wrote that article a few days before the event rather then almost ten days later.
Welcome back pickup :D
I see your point, unfortunately 3D reality people can just analyze the pattern once it happened... But the event was anything but normal IMO, however I don't buying the cutter story... :biting:

moreluck

golden ticket member
With the 9-11 title of this forum........there are other anniversaries commemorated on 9-11. It's also the one year anniversary of the 4 Americans being killed in Benghazi. No onein held responsible..........Hillary still thinks it makes no difference........

Of course it's been 12 years since the big 9-11 in New York and the Twin Towers went down. Today they will read the names of those killed that day and no politicians will speak.....perhaps the best salute.

9-11-'08 was also my double cancer diagnosis......so I've reached the 'talked about' 5 year survival rate. ...today!!

Of course I have the memorial stuff on TV.....just as background........ and it makes 12 years seem like one. It's like the Kennedy assassination.....everyone knows where they were when the twin towers went down.

My friend (eas t coast)that called me that morning is no longer with us, but I'll never forget how she woke me (west coast time) to tell me to hurry up and turn on the news. I don't think I ever took my eyes off the TV all day long. Horrible.

9-11 is memorable in many ways.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This thread is very entertaining.

Backs up one of my sayings I used around UPS:

Smart people can believe some stupid things.

Maybe Cheryl will start a WACKO forum.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Is this wacko enough for you ?

Leftist Students At Vermont College Destroy 9/11 Memorial Display To Protest “American Imperialism”…
The Middlebury Campus: A 2,977 flag memorial was ripped out of the ground in front of Mead Memorial Chapel shortly before 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11 by a group of five protestors claiming that the flags were on top of a sacred Abenaki burial site.
The flags — meant to commemorate each of the 2,977 lives taken in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks — have been posted in the grass between Mead Chapel and the Davis Family Library annually in a joint effort between the College Republicans and Democrats for nearly 10 years.
Ben Kinney ’15, president of the College Republicans, spent two hours putting the flags outside of Mead Chapel on Tuesday night, and happened to be walking up the hill towards the chapel when he saw four females and one male stuffing the miniature flags into black trash bags.
“I got there just as they were taking the very last of them out of the ground and putting them in piles,” he said. “At first, I the group was comprised of College Democrats helping put the flags away before the rain rolled in, but then I realized what they were doing.”
Kinney said the protestors told him they were “confiscating” the flags in protest of “America’s imperialism.”
There was no discussion. No compromise. We asked if we could put them somewhere else, but they wouldn’t listen.

wkmac

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Leftist Students At Vermont College Destroy 9/11 Memorial Display To Protest “American Imperialism”…

The Middlebury Campus: A 2,977 flag memorial was ripped out of the ground in front of Mead Memorial Chapel shortly before 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 11 by a group of five protestors claiming that the flags were on top of a sacred Abenaki burial site.
The flags — meant to commemorate each of the 2,977 lives taken in the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks — have been posted in the grass between Mead Chapel and the Davis Family Library annually in a joint effort between the College Republicans and Democrats for nearly 10 years.
Ben Kinney ’15, president of the College Republicans, spent two hours putting the flags outside of Mead Chapel on Tuesday night, and happened to be walking up the hill towards the chapel when he saw four females and one male stuffing the miniature flags into black trash bags.
“I got there just as they were taking the very last of them out of the ground and putting them in piles,” he said. “At first, I the group was comprised of College Democrats helping put the flags away before the rain rolled in, but then I realized what they were doing.”
Kinney said the protestors told him they were “confiscating” the flags in protest of “America’s imperialism.”
There was no discussion. No compromise. We asked if we could put them somewhere else, but they wouldn’t listen.

That'll work! LOL

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra

Here's the problem with todays youth. In my day we wouldn't discuss, compromise or ask. We'd have done what our youthful exhuberance drove us to do and stand up for the prinicples of what the flags meant and get them back where they belonged. If someone got hurt in the process we'd discuss, compromise and kindly ask them to go **** themselves and get the job done.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In regards to the 9-11 "truther" conspiracy theorists;

Wiring up the Twin Towers with explosives and then arranging for multiple airliners to be hijacked and subsequently flown into them immdiately prior to detonation as part of some sort of "false flag" incident is a conspiracy that is far too complex and would require the involvement, cooperation and silence of far too many people. There are too many potential points of failure. It simply is not realistic.
If, for the sake of argument, there were some rogue element within our government that was willing to kill thousands of US citizens and do billions of dollars worth of damage in order to justify a "war on terror" and the subsequent invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq....a far simpler and more effective method of accomplishing this would have been to detonate an extremely low-yield nuclear device (say, 2 kilotons which is 1/10th the power of the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima)in the underground garage of the WTC. In one fell swoop we would have it; the Towers destroyed; thousands killed or maimed; a weapon of mass destruction used against our nation, with "evidence" conveniently planted/arranged that would implicate Iraq (or Iran, or North Korea, or Libya, or Syria), the sympathy of the entire world, and all the "justification" we would need to invade or bomb whoever we could "prove" was responsible. Such a task could be accomplished by as little as 2 men, with a weapon that would fit in a car trunk, and the number of potentially compromising people who were "in the know" would be held to an absolute minimum.

If there was any sort of government conspiracy regarding 9-11...which I do find to be at least plausible.... it occured after the fact not before and its purpose was to either cover up the negligence of those who should have known about it and stopped it, or to manipulate the evidence and twist the narrative in order to more easily justify the resulting attack on our civil liberties and the subsequent invasion of a nation (Iraq) that had nothing to do with the attack in the first place.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Leftist Salon Contributor Who Destroyed 9/11 Memorial On Vermont Campus Lied About It Being Native American Burial Ground
The protesters who uprooted a 9/11 memorial display at a liberal arts college in Vermont claimed they were defending Abenaki tribal lands and taking a stand against U.S. imperialism.
The Abenaki tribe’s response? “Disgusting.”
Don Stevens, chief of the Nulhegan Abenaki Tribe, said his tribe did not approve of the actions taken by five people–including one student–at Middlebury College last week.
“We didn’t know anything about this and if we had we certainly wouldn’t have sanctioned it,” he said in a statement to The Addison Independent.
Steven said there’s no evidence that the field is an Abenaki burial site. And even if it was, the flags would be a welcome presence.
“Our burial sites honor our warriors and their bravery,” said Stevens. “Putting flags in the earth to honor bravery would not be disrespectful.”
Two people admitted to participating in the destruction of the memorial. One is a student, Anna Shireman-Grabowski. She is also a contributor to Salon.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Bid Laden did it and he has been chewed up by crabs and other bottom feeders by now.
It took the US a while to get him and Obama just happened to be at the helm when the intel came together for a clash and slash (MilEx).
Good for us..........