9.5 and the "Cover Driver".

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Looking for some clarification on rather or not 9.5 protection carries over from the "Bid Driver" to the "Cover Driver".
I'm on the 9.5 list and this week I'm on vacation, so they are seizing the opportunity and sticking it to my cover driver. So I've read, what I believe, is that my 9.5 status carries over to my cover driver if he covers my route for the week.
Any insight and or clarification would be great. As you can imagine I've gotten as many answers as I times I've asked.

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
That's what I had gathered. He's a 3 year driver but we had a driver last year in a similar circumstance and they honored the 9.5 protection for him. At that time I was flabbergasted at the notion that that driver was able to "back door" his way onto the list but hell if it worked for him then it should still be viable now.

By The Book

That's what I had gathered. He's a 3 year driver but we had a driver last year in a similar circumstance and they honored the 9.5 protection for him. At that time I was flabbergasted at the notion that that driver was able to "back door" his way onto the list but hell if it worked for him then it should still be viable now.
They will keep guys under 9.5 so they don't get on the list as well.

Grey

1. If he's a 9.5 driver under 4 years who and won the weekly bid then yes.

2. If he's a 9.5 driver over 4 years then yes

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
1. If he's a 9.5 driver under 4 years who and won the weekly bid then yes.

2. If he's a 9.5 driver over 4 years then yes

He doesn't have to have won a weekly bid. As long as he does the same route for the whole week, whether he won the weekly bid, or was assigned that route.

A non-bid driver, WAD, is eligible to get on the 9.5 list as long as he is assigned the same route for the entire week.

undies

Only the driver on the 9.5 list gets covered, not their route.

If ANY driver wants on the 9.5 list there are two ways to get on that I'm sure has been posted plenty of times before.