9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separate But Equal.

Ghost in the Darkness

Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separte But Equa

I am full-time and have a bid route though they cut it usually 1 to possibly 3 days per week. After a couple of weeks of getting completely blown out I got on the 9.5 list. Since then I've had 4 weeks of grievances (2 on my route), 1 on a route whom the driver is also on the 9.5 list and 1 where the driver is not on the list (he is afraid of having problems with management).

When they met to hash out the grievances mine along with some others were sent unresolved to the national committee. My union steward is confident they will get payed but I'm not quite so optimistic... the company has a way of getting around the contract a lot.

dqs95124

Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separte But Equa

we are all driver's. period.... no cover no bid no fed ex............ get it.. big pic. they love to pull us apart. fight among us. to get what they want. which is "omg I'm a cover driver. not a real driver" sucks ass...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I think, for the most part that it is better to be cover...My Favorite 4 routes are not going to fall to me anytime soon, so being cover I can rotate through many of them often and as a plus, customers on all the routes love me

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we are all driver's. period.... no cover no bid no fed ex............ get it.. big pic. they love to pull us apart. fight among us. to get what they want. which is "omg I'm a cover driver. not a real driver" sucks ass...

If we are all drivers, period, there would be no assigned routes and we would draw our route assignments out of a hat when we punch in every day.

nwds

What's happening is the company has figured out that paying the associated ot costs with sending drivers out with 13 hours of work reduces their internal costs on mechanics, insurance, and may lead you quit once you are at top rate. This is happening in my hub in Phoenix. Then they can hire a younger rookie eager to get to top rate that they can burn up and then he'll quit too. My advise is to do the work they give you, but try to take better care of your body by more sleep and better diet.

nwds

I don't know if your building has combo jobs, but if you hate working over 9.5 all the time, try applying for a combo job. In Phoenix, management doesn't like to work combos more than 8, but the hours are back to afternoon and nights.

dqs95124

goood point. In Cali that's what we do. 20yrs 10rs 5 yrs. If you want to work..

247spies

This is told to people a lot, realize we all do not have the same exact contacts on certain issues, however in CA this is a no no. Your state may Also believe you are being discriminated against, ( your union agent can be sued by you for not doing their job). I would bet there are routes unbid that could bolster you case or you canfollow contract language and use written request for coverage of a route when bid driver is in vacation or disability, or comp.

dqs95124

Got into trouble w/ my Biz agent. Tried to go over his head. He got in trouble. It wasn't his fault. Now I'm working 55 hrs a week. Some of you would love it. Me not so much. It all goes to uncle sam. No write offs no nothing. leave at 7am get back at 9pm. don't own a home. kid to old to write off. i'm a "cover driver" that's the way it goes??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got into trouble w/ my Biz agent. Tried to go over his head. He got in trouble. It wasn't his fault. Now I'm working 55 hrs a week. Some of you would love it. Me not so much. It all goes to uncle sam. No write offs no nothing. leave at 7am get back at 9pm. don't own a home. kid to old to write off. i'm a "cover driver" that's the way it goes??

Max out your 401k--this will lower your taxable income and fund your retirement. Change your withholdings to keep your take home pay the same.

Integrity

Binge Poster

dqs95124,

What do you mean?

Are you being retaliated against because you went above his head?

Please explain what you are saying more fully.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
I

In my local a cover driver CAN file 9.5 grievances with one stipulation... You must be on the same route for the 5 day week.... If you work 4 and the switch you the last just to cover their ***** you still have a right to file. Be detailed when filing.... Put route and hours on the form.

EmraldArcher

Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separate But Equ

So what about routes that aren't biddable and don't have a FT driver assigned to them. Is it impossible to get on the 9.5 list for those routes?

Re: 9.5 Can't File. B/C I don't have a RT. Why do I pay Union Dues?? Separate But Equ

in my center there are split drivers, coverage drivers and bid drivers, bid drivers can file, cover drivers can file if they are on the same route for 5 days and they bid it for the week. (mgt puts up a list of vacation routes) then split drivers are the bottom 10% of the center, ive been a split driver for 6 years and have had 9.5s denied the entire time. NOONE will tell me I CANT FILE. I have a grievence with the 9.5 language which is always resolved by them. Even if im on a route for 5 days and I bid it due to vacations (noone signed it) that driver goes out with 100-110 every day and files a 9.5, i did the route with 130ish everyday and was over 9.5 everyday. that gievence was denied. this was all because im a split driver not a coverage driver. I work everyday

So what about routes that aren't biddable and don't have a FT driver assigned to them. Is it impossible to get on the 9.5 list for those routes?

Not in our center But mondays those routes are out so they only work 49 routes (no matter volume) so we can only have 4 8hr requests. Then that route is not in five days so..... No

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Max out your 401k--this will lower your taxable income and fund your retirement. Change your withholdings to keep your take home pay the same.

Upstate would probably like to purge the last sentence from the record.:greedy:

Overpaid Union Thug

Our center has been honoring the 9.5 list regardless of being a bid driver or not

I'm on a different rt. every day my agent says It's a National agreement and He can't do anything. There is so much room for abuse here. Eliminateing RTS, cutting cars. I go out on avg 180 to 200 stops, then I have to go help some one. With lower seniority going home.. If I can't file for O/t then I should be able to file for seniority?? Right...
:shutupsmiley: