9.5 communication with management

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Grey, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Grey

Grey Active Member

First off ov only been opted-in for a month and up until two weeks ago everything was normal...

2 weeks ago - normal, message at 2, are you gonna be over and how many you need help with

Last week - no message at all

Next week - supposed to call the office at 2 and tell them we're gonna be over/under and how many you need help with

Union guys told us not to call under any circumstances. So they're just gonna pay out if we go over and don't call or message the office?

2. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

they know the dispatch...

It's too hot and I'm too sweaty to use my phone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Are you sure you want the Union to play games with your livelihood? Your management team said to call in...if you don't its failure to follow instructions. When you call in its more stops you need help with. Talk about your backyard project if you want.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

How do you call in? Use a phone from a pick-up account? What if you have no pick-ups?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

We aren't required to use our cell phones for ups business. They could however require you to message in via diad at 2pm everyday

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Send in a message and their response will be to call.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

How did we used to call in before cellphones?

8. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

And my response would be that I would be going over PLUS going off trace to find a phone to call in with

9. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Pay phone
    Collect of course

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Customer phone.

11. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

You may not personally do it but you know as well as I know UPSers use their personal cell phones to contact management all the time.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

That's the thing about BC---members talk a big game but we all know that they do what needs to be done to get the job done.

This includes using their personal cellphone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Agreed!

14. jaker

jaker trolling

I use my phone when it benefits me because it's my phone

Anything thing else I use the diad

15. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

You do not need to call anybody

When they send your eta prompt just send your eta

Them making you call is a tactic to get you scared of them. If you are the only one having to call file a harassment grievance. They are singling you out because you are on the 9-5 list. This happened to me, I told them I will only call if every other driver is required to call and I will call from a phone that is not my cell phone. I also filed for unfair treatment and harassment.

I actually think management is told and trained little things like this to win. We have a few drivers who were on the 9-5 list and told to do the same, the simple task of making them call management somehow intimidated them and got them to stop filing.

16. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

What was the outcome of the unfair treatment and harassment grievance?

17. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

Who knows. Our ba usually talks to management about what is acceptable What is not when the griefvance are heard. I know that when I put down on paper that I was being singled out and took it as harassment/retaliation for being on the 9/5 list it stopped immediately. Management does not like a trail of harassment or retaliation on employees as when worst comes to worst at a hearing/panel or lawsuit it's not a good look for them.

18. DOK

DOK Active Member

On their computer screen they know exactly what you have left to do. Communicate via diad.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  19. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Not to upset anyone but the intention of getting on the 9.5 list is to reduce your hours. I don't see why you would not want to get help in doing so. If you don't want to reduce your hours, don't get on the 9.5 list.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  20. 1Simplemann

1Simplemann Active Member

So they have to the pay grievance.