9.5 communication with management

Grey

First off ov only been opted-in for a month and up until two weeks ago everything was normal...

2 weeks ago - normal, message at 2, are you gonna be over and how many you need help with

Last week - no message at all

Next week - supposed to call the office at 2 and tell them we're gonna be over/under and how many you need help with

Union guys told us not to call under any circumstances. So they're just gonna pay out if we go over and don't call or message the office?

By The Book

First off ov only been opted-in for a month and up until two weeks ago everything was normal...

2 weeks ago - normal, message at 2, are you gonna be over and how many you need help with

Next week - supposed to call the office at 2 and tell them we're gonna be over/under and how many you need help with

Union guys told us not to call under any circumstances. So they're just gonna pay out if we go over and don't call or message the office?
Are you sure you want the Union to play games with your livelihood? Your management team said to call in...if you don't its failure to follow instructions. When you call in its more stops you need help with. Talk about your backyard project if you want.

Johney

Are you sure you want the Union to play games with your livelihood? Your management team said to call in...if you don't its failure to follow instructions. When you call in its more stops you need help with. Talk about your backyard project if you want.
How do you call in? Use a phone from a pick-up account? What if you have no pick-ups?

Rack em

Made the Podium
We aren't required to use our cell phones for ups business. They could however require you to message in via diad at 2pm everyday

Faceplanted

You do not need to call anybody

When they send your eta prompt just send your eta

Them making you call is a tactic to get you scared of them. If you are the only one having to call file a harassment grievance. They are singling you out because you are on the 9-5 list. This happened to me, I told them I will only call if every other driver is required to call and I will call from a phone that is not my cell phone. I also filed for unfair treatment and harassment.

I actually think management is told and trained little things like this to win. We have a few drivers who were on the 9-5 list and told to do the same, the simple task of making them call management somehow intimidated them and got them to stop filing.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You do not need to call anybody

When they send your eta prompt just send your eta

Them making you call is a tactic to get you scared of them. If you are the only one having to call file a harassment grievance. They are singling you out because you are on the 9-5 list. This happened to me, I told them I will only call if every other driver is required to call and I will call from a phone that is not my cell phone. I also filed for unfair treatment and harassment.

I actually think management is told and trained little things like this to win. We have a few drivers who were on the 9-5 list and told to do the same, the simple task of making them call management somehow intimidated them and got them to stop filing.

What was the outcome of the unfair treatment and harassment grievance?

Faceplanted

Who knows. Our ba usually talks to management about what is acceptable What is not when the griefvance are heard. I know that when I put down on paper that I was being singled out and took it as harassment/retaliation for being on the 9/5 list it stopped immediately. Management does not like a trail of harassment or retaliation on employees as when worst comes to worst at a hearing/panel or lawsuit it's not a good look for them.

DOK

On their computer screen they know exactly what you have left to do. Communicate via diad.

By The Book

Not to upset anyone but the intention of getting on the 9.5 list is to reduce your hours. I don't see why you would not want to get help in doing so. If you don't want to reduce your hours, don't get on the 9.5 list.