9.5 communication with management

wayfair

swollen member
I mean is it that hard to send in a message. Over 9.5 today

I'll go through my edd and I KNOW that I will be 9.5 and tell them.... I don't get it, they think I'm lying.... just saying, I've been doing this route 8+ years now, I know what I'm talking about... if you take a section off for a split and add 5 more neighborhoods to that section... yep, gonna be over miles(ORION) and over 9.5. I say "dispatcher, how long have you done my route??? nix that, how long have you been delivering out of an actual PC????

dude turns red

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I'm sent out with 150 stops and it takes me 10 hours and their report says I ran scratch.......Yeah, I win. Every time.
Like I said depends on where you are. My BA would say "how do you expect them to keep you under 9.5 if you didn't even let them know you were over 9.5?"

wayfair

swollen member
Like I said depends on where you are. My BA would say "how do you expect them to keep you under 9.5 if you didn't even let them know you were over 9.5?"
I'd tell the BA, "they already know the overdispatched route is going out" which is all manipulated by the dispatch entries of previous plans.... plans change constantly...

ITwannabe

That's the thing about BC---members talk a big game but we all know that they do what needs to be done to get the job done.

This includes using their personal cellphone.

Management sends people out in the blind with over dispatched routes and expects them to use Google Maps to look up stops...not me, I'll pack a sleeping bag and bring it back the next day. If they don't help me I'm not helping them.

Foamer Pyle

The last time I was on the 9.5 list and then filed a grievance for being over a sup approached me and told me I should have let them know I wasn't going to make. In front of the union steward I told him, "I shouldn't have to let you know. You know what you sent me out with and you have the ability all day to see how I'm progressing. The ball's in your court." Steward agreed and I went about my merry way.
You are 100% correct. These Bafoons like to play stupid, and try and place the blame on us. A smart driver can beat them every time. If everyone in your center stuck together, and got on the 9.5 list, management would be crapping their pants every day. That would force them to lower dispatch, and put on more routes, or just pay the grievances. Personally, I don't ever want to work anywhere near 9.5 because that means I spent 10.5 at work, not including my drive to and from work.