9.5 - First time filing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A "9.5" day on the route I'm doing only pays about 7 hours by their numbers. I cannot believe it! Then a newbie cover driver comes along and knocks it out of the park and destroys the route, seemingly justifying their metrics. Only difference is that I've got 10 years driving under my belt and I will not run or cut any corners. It's hard, but I know I'm safe as long as I stay consistent and safe.
They have some of these new guys running their a&& off...which they are and at this rate will NEVER make it 30 years in this game... Guaranteed

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What article? We get "methods" rides when we violate
I believe these bs " method " rides need to be addressed in the next contract, that and surepost are two top issues I would like addresses besides health care and pay. The union said the last contract they "fixed" the underlying issue of harassment by better 9.5 language... Sorry guys you missed the mark imo...totally skipped over the larger issue that has been going on for too many years .. And I'm sorry " grow thicker skin" isn't a good enough comeback guys... Bs needs to stop!!

Overpaid Union Thug

A "9.5" day on the route I'm doing only pays about 7 hours by their numbers. I cannot believe it! Then a newbie cover driver comes along and knocks it out of the park and destroys the route, seemingly justifying their metrics. Only difference is that I've got 10 years driving under my belt and I will not run or cut any corners. It's hard, but I know I'm safe as long as I stay consistent and safe.
And you know damn good and well they are working through their lunch and skipping breaks and running... I've heard it out of some of these whipper snappers own mouths....this is why I would entertain a 3rd party to come in and independently work up some numbers with input from drivers!!! You would think ups would be jumping all over this but in actuality they would never allow it because it would show big inconsistent issues with their numbers and I would bet the bank that we would make up huge time back.
Runners and gunners are a cancer on a center's time allowances.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The reason is because they get chewed out for any under 8 hour planned days. This mean if you're 9.5 and over by 2 hours they are basically getting reemed every day over it.

I know not our problem but that's the reasoning behind it

Whenever I have to go back to bundles, for one reason or another, I usually hit a tri-fecta.

1. Under dispatched (Less than an 8 hour dispatch)
2. Over 9.5
3. More than 2 hours over.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Runners and gunners are a cancer on a center's time allowances.

I was set, to quote and respond to every post in this thread.

But.... it's too time consuming, when one post sums it up.

UPS seldom admits they are production rides. They will claim some other excuse even if it is really about production.

Just ask.

"What is the purpose of the ride ?"

Have your steward present.

Our drivers actually found a note to the pre-load supe, from the on-car supe, to make a package car lighter and have a perfect load for a production ride..

It's called "grooming the load".

Wanna watch management heads spin ?

I've seen a fistfight almost breakout at a Panel.... (panel members)

When the company got caught lying about it.

Documentation is the key. :biggrin:

Smart drivers, do it religiously.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was set, to quote and respond to every post in this thread.

But.... it's too time consuming, when one post sums it up.

Just ask.

"What is the purpose of the ride ?"

Have your steward present.

It's called "grooming the load".

Wanna watch management heads spin ?

I've seen a fistfight almost breakout at a Panel.... (panel members)

When the company got caught lying about it.

Documentation is the key. :biggrin:

Smart drivers, do it religiously.

-Bug-
Fist fights... Must have been pretty humorous

Bottom rung

How is it physically possible to be -2.24 unless he has a secret helper or the time study is skewed in his favor?
There's a few here that do it daily. They get bent out of shape if they aren't an hour or more under daily. They drive like maniacs, dr at mailboxes, work through lunch, and who knows what else. But they're paid under and that's all that matters so management doesn't care how it gets done.

542thruNthru

How is it physically possible to be -2.24 unless he has a secret helper or the time study is skewed in his favor?

We have a guy that comes in -3.00 pretty much everyday. He pretty much loads his truck stop for stop in the morning while he is doing "safety". He also punches out for lunch in the morning and keeps loading and sorting. Guys done at 4pm everyday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's not stopping all day. No breaks, lunch, speeding and the list goes on...

I don't agree.

If he skips his lunch and breaks, they are not deducted so he is not making up any time. If he logs the time for his lunch and breaks, and works through them, he could run quite a bit under but also open himself up for discipline.

How can you have completed a stop at 1400 when the DIAD says you are on lunch at 1400.

If someone can run 2 hours under, the time study is inaccurate or he is falsifying records, working while claiming to be on lunch and breaks. The FMCSA would love to know if this was happening.

I don't agree.

If he skips his lunch and breaks, they are not deducted so he is not making up any time. If he logs the time for his lunch and breaks, and works through them, he could run quite a bit under but also open himself up for discipline.

How can you have completed a stop at 1400 when the DIAD says you are on lunch at 1400.

If someone can run 2 hours under, the time study is inaccurate or he is falsifying records, working while claiming to be on lunch and breaks. The FMCSA would love to know if this was happening.
Agree or not I know for a fact that this person DOES NOT STOP until the truck is backed up to the belt.

undies

There are at least 2 routes in my center that can give 2+ hours of
Bonus. I've done it myself, even with my lunch and breaks the routes just pay really well. These are the only routes where I will "try" to finish asap, knowing I can easily make
Bonus.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There are at least 2 routes in my center that can give 2+ hours of
Bonus. I've done it myself, even with my lunch and breaks the routes just pay really well. These are the only routes where I will "try" to finish asap, knowing I can easily make
Bonus.

My point exactly. Why is there only 2. Because the time studies are incorrect.

I have been 3 hours under before. Picked up 6000 envelopes at one stop. Took me 10 minutes and got credit for 3 hours.

I know the envelope thing changed, but if the route is properly time studies, you take your breaks and lunch, there is no way to be 2 hours under.