9.5 list is the greatest thing ever

under the radar

A Trained Professional
After 38 years I finally got over on the irresponsible man behind the desk. I opted in on the "9.5 list" and he looked like I just ran over his dog. This just may be the high point of my career.

JL 0513

So how does it work? What if you go over 9.5 if your planned day is under 9.5? You still get the benefits? And you can still grieve it? Or do they just need to dispatch 9.5 and are safe? Because couldn't this be abused? You ask to be on the list and then slow down a bit for triple time?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you're staying because you have to due to insurance or money issues, I can see that. Staying here because you like it, that too is good in my book. Staying here because you fear there's nothing after this place and you're able to leave and be comfortable, that's foolish.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I didn't say you were a fool, I just wondered why somebody would do this job that long that's all. If your in feeders maybe I can see that but in package, WOW lol. I got mad respect for ya sir for doing this job that long that's for sure. :happy2:

Brotha gotta eat. Started part time in 1976, two weeks away from my 19th birthday. Went full time package car when I turned 21.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
If you're staying because you have due to insurance or money issues, I can see that. Staying here because you like it, that too is good in my book. Staying here because you fear there's nothing after this place and you're able to leave and be comfortable, that's foolish.

I've learned over the years that it is not my place to decide when someone else should hang it up. It's a very personal decision. When you get close to it you will have a better understanding.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My understanding is perfectly clear every morning I wake up and im stiff as a board and as soon as your feet hit the floor you realize your day for yourself is over. I only wanna do it as long as I have to. To most guys nowadays with how poopy this job is, is that its a choir more than a job. 55 im dunzo out of here and to my 2nd career working for myself lol. Like I said nothing against you at all for your decision and respect for you for doing this job that long. If that's what you want to do hey that's your thing im not going to dog you for it, id never do it though, I cant wait til the race is over lol.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
So how does it work? What if you go over 9.5 if your planned day is under 9.5? You still get the benefits? And you can still grieve it? Or do they just need to dispatch 9.5 and are safe? Because couldn't this be abused? You ask to be
image.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't mean to dis. To each his own. I'm just not a fan of working for a living and I've been setting myself up not to have to.
Me too, been working for 28 years now as we speak and will be up to 41 years at 55 when I retire. That's between here and other jobs obviously. After 55 no way in hell im working for somebody but myself. That will be work but work I like to do not a job where your getting your ding dong handed to you every day and harassed and disrespected 24-7 lol.