9.5 list is the greatest thing ever

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by under the radar, Aug 24, 2014.

1. under the radar

under the radar A Trained Professional

After 38 years I finally got over on the irresponsible man behind the desk. I opted in on the "9.5 list" and he looked like I just ran over his dog. This just may be the high point of my career.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. The triple time grievances,will top that

3. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

The only fool is the guy still working after 38 years.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I agree on that. No way in hell im working here for 38 years and 2nd of all no way in hell id be able to physically be able to do it. I got lil under 13 years left and honestly I don't even know if ill make that physically.

5. under the radar

So, why does my tenure make me a fool?

6. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

So how does it work? What if you go over 9.5 if your planned day is under 9.5? You still get the benefits? And you can still grieve it? Or do they just need to dispatch 9.5 and are safe? Because couldn't this be abused? You ask to be on the list and then slow down a bit for triple time?

7. under the radar

So, why does my tenure make me a fool?

8. rod

rod retired and happy

I have to agree---maybe not to the extent of calling him a fool -but why would anyone want to work longer than necessary for the "irresponsible man behind the desk".

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I didn't say you were a fool, I just wondered why somebody would do this job that long that's all. If your in feeders maybe I can see that but in package, WOW lol. I got mad respect for ya sir for doing this job that long that's for sure. :happy2:

10. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If you're staying because you have to due to insurance or money issues, I can see that. Staying here because you like it, that too is good in my book. Staying here because you fear there's nothing after this place and you're able to leave and be comfortable, that's foolish.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. under the radar

Brotha gotta eat. Started part time in 1976, two weeks away from my 19th birthday. Went full time package car when I turned 21.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. under the radar

I've learned over the years that it is not my place to decide when someone else should hang it up. It's a very personal decision. When you get close to it you will have a better understanding.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. brownmonster

There are a lot of things I can do when I get to 30 years. Delivering boxes isn't one of them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

My understanding is perfectly clear every morning I wake up and im stiff as a board and as soon as your feet hit the floor you realize your day for yourself is over. I only wanna do it as long as I have to. To most guys nowadays with how poopy this job is, is that its a choir more than a job. 55 im dunzo out of here and to my 2nd career working for myself lol. Like I said nothing against you at all for your decision and respect for you for doing this job that long. If that's what you want to do hey that's your thing im not going to dog you for it, id never do it though, I cant wait til the race is over lol.

15. under the radar

I wish you well.

16. under the radar

image.jpg

17. brownmonster

I don't mean to dis. To each his own. I'm just not a fan of working for a living and I've been setting myself up not to have to.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Me too, been working for 28 years now as we speak and will be up to 41 years at 55 when I retire. That's between here and other jobs obviously. After 55 no way in hell im working for somebody but myself. That will be work but work I like to do not a job where your getting your ding dong handed to you every day and harassed and disrespected 24-7 lol.

19. JL 0513

Sounds like a big pain in the ass to do anything about the violations.

20. JL 0513

9.5 can't possibly apply during peak, can it? No one works under 9.5 during peak.