9-5 list with Orion

DamageCallTag

Our center is going to be getting Orion pretty soon. My question is how does Orion work for people that are on the 9-5 list? I've read many post saying that you get tons of overtime with Orion but what about the ones that do not want all the overtime?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm filling out my grievance form tonight to get back on the list. Just about everybody in my hub is planning on doing the same thing, even our runners. Its really kind of funny.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm filling out my grievance form tonight to get back on the list. Just about everybody in my hub is planning on doing the same thing, even our runners. Its really kind of funny.
Yes there are several of us that are trying to get back on the list. Our center manager is on vaca, and the acting center manager doesnt have the time. I told my steward, we need to sign them and she needs to give them to him. No meeting needed, we dont want continuous O/9.5s, and the dispatch thinks we do. I get he doesnt have time, neither do I, and if you want me out there past 9.5 I want paid. I dont get why we need to go in the office with him, its groundhog day, over and over, nothing has changed.

ArcherUTR

Our center is going to be getting Orion pretty soon. My question is how does Orion work for people that are on the 9-5 list? I've read many post saying that you get tons of overtime with Orion but what about the ones that do not want all the overtime?

Affects nothing. However ORION is not inherently evil.As a computer science graduate and as a drive, it's kind of neat. A lot of it depends on your time allowance, closures, and pick up run...oh, and your ability to magically bust a u-turn.

You will not get in trouble for breaking trace to make service on package, actually the opposite.

Because my time allowance sucks, I find that the closer that I run to 100% ORION trace, the more miles I drive. But my center doesn't make me run 100%. They asked for 90% trace, others 85% or 80%, saying that I had on average up to 18 'breaks' in a day to fix things. Ironic, no? They are asking us to use our better judgement to fix ORION's mistakes.

That was kind of my job before ORION.

But 9.5 has little to do with this. Just don't lie, cheat, or steal (time) and the rest with take care of itself.

If you want to get paid, just run ORION at a 100% and file. It's their pet project. It either works, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, well that's a waste.