9.5 payout?

otizanig

so how does one actually get paid on 9.5 grievance? I know to have first get on the list, secondly you have to work three days over 9.5 in a week, but I not sure how I will get paid. okay I'm the list, Monday worked 9.5, Tuesday worked 10 , and Wednesday worked 10.5 what does ups owe me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ask not what your company owes you----ask what you owe your company.

Payments for 9.5 violations are not automatic----you have to file a grievance in order to get paid.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You will be paid the Overtime rate for all hours worked over 9.5 . Tuesday file a grievance with your steward ( we have pre printed grievances for 9.5 grievances) it takes about a month to six weeks for your BA to meet with the center manager and or Labor Manager to have Local Hearings on Outstanding Grievances . When the hearings are settled You will get a separate check NDA'd to your house for any out standing grievances. about every 6-8 weeks we get our Driver Incentive Program Checks

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Doesn't matter---3 out of 5 days is all that is needed in order to file.

I still contend it should be based on dispatch, not hours worked.
Dispatch numbers have been increased many many times over the past 7 years in my building while time allowances have plummeted . What planned to a 10 hour day on my route in 2008 now is an 8.1 day. The company can change the allowances at whim( I have a theory that IE has done this to give higher management a hook to lower MIP for Operations Managers and Driver Supervisors based on 'poor' driver performance)

I am told I run between an hour and half to two hours OA every day,but A) I could not care less about that and B) my 9.5 checks are paid out on hours worked.
With Telematics I have proved several times when questioned I am working safely and by the Methods. <shrug>

Last edited:

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
He left them out as he had already worked 3 days over 9.5, which is all that is needed in order to file a grievance (and get a big old bulls eye on your back).
He stated that he was already on the 9.5 list, not that he wanted to be.
If I remember correctly, once you are on the 9.5 list and work over 9.5 more than 2 days, then all overtime for the entire week is figured into your grievance payout.

Yeah, you're right. All hours over 9.5, but for every day of the week, not just the remaining days after the 2 allowed. I knew there was something I was forgetting. It's been a couple of years since I've had to file since getting a sizable payout.
Only had one this year,then they took me seriously.
In years past ,I would sit in the office. at the grievance hearing I would say this grievance is worth 10 cases off beer,this one is worth 15 cases.

Pissed my center manager off, to no end!..lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it was based on dispatch, dont you think they would cap the planned day at 9.49?
I already see it happen. Work an 8 hour day and your plan doesn't look bad. Work a ten hour day with many more stops and miles and it plans out to 9. The longer you work the more skewed it seems to get.