PT Car Washer

you know better than any of us here the work is simply moved around. Usually to those that wont file : the runners,the burners,the bitchers, the scared little rabbits, those that think management is their friend.... I can go on and on

NO routes are added
Don't forget about Art. 22.3 air drivers, air exception, PT AM air drivers, PT PM air drivers. Pay them top driver rate for hours worked and won't show up as another route.

undies

I thought the "new" language made it so UPS was supposed to give you 9.5 all 5 days, there just isn't any penalty for them not doing it other than the 3 and 2 rule that was already in place.

Big Bad Wolf

I thought the "new" language made it so UPS was supposed to give you 9.5 all 5 days, there just isn't any penalty for them not doing it other than the 3 and 2 rule that was already in place.
File if they do. Sounds like they can load you up on Monday and Tuesday. But not Thursday and Friday.

Where are you pigs now?

BrownTexas

File if they do. Sounds like they can load you up on Monday and Tuesday. But not Thursday and Friday.

Where are you pigs now?
We have a guy filing on this currently. Control his dispatch Monday-Wednesday and then blow him out Thursday and Friday because they know he can't file. Ill let you know what happens. Seemed at the union meeting they weren't 100% sure what would happen. So we will see.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have a guy filing on this currently. Control his dispatch Monday-Wednesday and then blow him out Thursday and Friday because they know he can't file. Ill let you know what happens. Seemed at the union meeting they weren't 100% sure what would happen. So we will see.
I was asked this morning if I was under 9.5. I said should be yes. The reply good I won't have to worry about you tomorrow.

Oh contrair was over 11. The day i went Over already. Fully expect to be loaded up
Tomorrow and will be filing pile on language.

10 point

Paid day is fully in your control. You have a choice of giving a driver an hour hour paid day. That is 1 and a half hours of leeway within the 9.5 rule. Your point is moot.

Where are you pigs now?
Stuck in traffic is a breakdown on road?
I wonder what he calls stuck in the building because the preload can't wrap up on time?

Brownslave688

Don't forget about Art. 22.3 air drivers, air exception, PT AM air drivers, PT PM air drivers. Pay them top driver rate for hours worked and won't show up as another route.
This is happening a ton at our center. Our BA keeps asking them to keep track because if they work 30 of 90 a ft is supposed to be hired.

Two problems with this the air drivers love getting full scale so they say nothing and we already won over a dozen full time jobs over 4 months ago. Only 4 of those spots have been filled.

Brownslave688

And....the union's response to all of out questions about this language change?.....total confusion.:bsbullf:
The triple time language or the pile on language?

The triple time
Language is pretty clear.

The pile on will be useless in my opinion. It'll go something like this.

Union: hey don't do that any more.

Company: (fingers crossed while rolling eyes). We pinkie promise we won't.

10 point

The triple time language or the pile on language?

The triple time
Language is pretty clear.

The pile on will be useless in my opinion. It'll go something like this.

Union: hey don't do that any more.

Company: (fingers crossed while rolling eyes). We pinkie promise we won't.
Details governing the whole deal aren't concrete yet we were told. That's comforting.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This is exact thing they are doing in my center. Except the 2 days are Monday and Friday usually. But one of them is allways friday. Get messages making shure will be under 9.5 on 3 days , asking what help I need to make it happen.Does anyone know the exact new language, how it is worded, to stop this. How should grievance be worded as well. I'm about to file on this myself.

fedupups

I have a quick question re new 9.5 language...for non route drivers (split drivers)...the way it reads to me is that as long as you are over 9.5 on 3 out of 5 days (same week)...you don't have to be on the same route for the week and you have more than 4 years of driving you can file...previous language was that it had to be the same route for the whole week and that particular route had to be on the 9.5 list...can anyone help with clarification..

10 point

If the wording changes at all from what was voted on that's an outside contract agreement.
Oh, it's how you stretch the language that is the issue.
The unchanged terminology used for "workweek" that meant a rolling 3 in 5 now supposedly means a calendar workweek even tho the existing wording used and still included never changed.
Stewards in 413 and other locals are asking if the 3 in 5 is trackable back to 08-01-13 or since the April 2014 date. The answer is "I think...".
If we filed on it last August is it still viable tho "on hold"? and the answer is "I think...".
Why is the workweek redefined or is it?="I think...".
Where's the approved document for us to sign?="I think..."
Can wait for our smooth, "seamless" transition into the new healthcare to happen with all this clarity going on.
One of our drivers called MM as directed and the employee code they gave him was for another person.
It'll all be figured out in the next year or so I'm sure.
Yeah stonefish, I'm being negative. But I don't want to be. We're living it. That's the problem.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
you know better than any of us here the work is simply moved around. Usually to those that wont file : the runners,the burners,the bitchers, the scared little rabbits, those that think management is their friend.... I can go on and on

NO routes are added
How about this. I have to ask as I do not know. And you guys butt heads alot, with management. I was told by my steward that I must sign this 9.5 list in front of the center manager, he demanded it as the list is getting long..........How can that be, its union business, and I was doing it before work not after start time.................So they kept me busy berating me about yester day, and the steward had to leave.
I feel bullied and intimidate. But one thing I have learned is bullies hate other bullies.