Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
View attachment 87528 Now I guess you'll give the googled definitions of forced vs ordered.

ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK
Section 4
A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last schedule work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch. If the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be allowed to exercise his/her seniority.

I'm saying that it's likely this driver got a call in the morning "asking" them to please come in early and they obliged.

They can "order" or try to "force" me in early to work the preload, and I can guarantee you in either case, that they can pound salt.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
ARTICLE 12-HOURS OF WORK
Section 4
A full-time seniority employee’s uniform starting time must be scheduled and posted by the end of the shift of their last schedule work day of the preceding workweek for the following workweek. In areas where the Union and the Employer agree, the start time shall be uniform except where the Employer is able to schedule an earlier start time for the package driver employees on Mondays or days after holidays, when merchandise is available for dispatch. If the Employer switches an employee’s workweek from Monday through Friday, to Tuesday through Saturday, he/she shall be allowed to exercise his/her seniority.

I'm saying that it's likely this driver got a call in the morning "asking" them to please come in early and they obliged.

They can "order" or try to "force" me in early to work the preload, and I can guarantee you in either case, that they can pound salt.
We are talking about this individuals ability to file for 9.5.
Just based on his driving or delivery hours, he can.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are talking about this individuals ability to file for 9.5.
Just based on his driving or delivery hours, he can.

You can file on anything, now prevailing, that's another story.

First step in the grievance procedure is discussing it with management, and if you're volunteering for extra work, the company will balk at adding you to the 9.5 list.

wide load

You can file on anything, now prevailing, that's another story.

First step in the grievance procedure is discussing it with management, and if you're volunteering for extra work, the company will balk at adding you to the 9.5 list.
9:20 to 20:38? How much is that?

By The Book

It's their "one bite of the apple", every five months.
They are being told to protect as if it were a paying grievance, because without being on the list, there are no grievances.
But he still has 3 days on road over 9.5. Like @BigUnionGuy said the company worked him 3 days over 9.5. I know what your saying about the company not wanting people on the list but they will lose this one. He's only getting on the list, and will probably have to file to do that. We also had some guys who had earlier start times and wanted to file for money and I told them it's only going to be your on road time that counts. In giving the company a chance to reduce these drivers' hours I told them they could take away your early work as a way to make sure you were under 9.5.

But he still has 3 days on road over 9.5. Like @BigUnionGuy said the company worked him 3 days over 9.5. I know what your saying about the company not wanting people on the list but they will lose this one. He's only getting on the list, and will probably have to file to do that. We also had some guys who had earlier start times and wanted to file for money and I told them it's only going to be your on road time that counts. In giving the company a chance to reduce these drivers' hours I told them they could take away your early work as a way to make sure you were under 9.5.
That's why I quit doing early am's
.take your overtime and shove it.

And they still ask me...lol

wide load

I'm starting to understand the problem with some guys that are "concession" crazy. It's just a simple issue of lack of understanding to the language. And if your causing an impedance in the progress of our contract, than your just as guilty as the company's rape of its people.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm starting to understand the problem with some guys that are "concession" crazy. It's just a simple issue of lack of understanding to the language. And if your causing an impedance in the progress of our contract, than your just as guilty as the company's rape of its people.

I never had a "little brother" as a kid.