$90.68 per hour...the only metric that matters to me

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I prefer handcuffs when being spanked!!! Not real fond of hair pulling though.

Hair pulling, spanking, handcuffs, biting.................... it's all good. Show me the money.

CHERYL!! All of a sudden I can't edit font/color/add smilies..............

MobileBA

You waited 23years to file a 9.5 grievance? Maybe you are just jealous that 54 guys have been making $90 an hour all summer long and you just figured it out!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You waited 23years to file a 9.5 grievance? Maybe you are just jealous that 54 guys have been making $90 an hour all summer long and you just figured it out!

In the past, I didnt need to file. There was usually a human being that I could discuss the dispatch with who was able to make the necessary adjustments.

On August 1st I was transferred over to a different center. Its in the same building, but I might as well be working for a different company.

Thats OK with me, as long as the checks clear.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the past, I didnt need to file. There was usually a human being that I could discuss the dispatch with who was able to make the necessary adjustments.

On August 1st I was transferred over to a different center. Its in the same building, but I might as well be working for a different company.

Thats OK with me, as long as the checks clear.

So what your trying to say in a nutshell is the new center sucks...:wink2:

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
17 Years in at UPS I have never seen it like this.

The money we waste daily trying to meet some dumb numbers everyone in the center knows are not right.

No one cares just meet the numbers, is it costing us money as a whole you bet.

No one seems to care, I cant imagne worse planning.

I really would love someone from Atlanta to come ride with us jump on a car any day of the week and tell me why or how it makes sense.

If this is part of some plan it would be very helpful if the top brass would let us know how this is making the company any money.

I dont know anymore, I dont care much anymore. Which is sad I used to care.

I just try to do my job, dont get in a accident dont get hurt and follow the methods.

MobileBA

I can't believe everyone is no getting the "big picture." Isn't Scott Davis our beloved CEO an accountant by trade? Didn't he come from a high tech firm called 2morrow or something like that? So we have an high tech accountant running at is core a simple company. Pick up package. Deliver Package.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
You waited 23years to file a 9.5 grievance?

I'm pushing 21 years myself and this summer was the worst in my career. Not only was it the hottest summer in 40 years, but our center had us all working peak season hours. By the end of the summer, almost all of our drivers were on the 9/5 list and filing grievances. I received about $800 in grievance money. It wasn't worth it though. Didn't get to spend time with the family during the week and then spent all weekend long trying to recuperate from the heat. At least now, since the checks have been cut, they seem to be trying to keep the hours down.
In the past, I didn't have to file grievances. You had your heavy days and you had your light days. During the summer, it was mostly light days and the sups tried not to work you too many hours when the temps got above 95 degrees. They would even let you work an "05" day to get back early and get out of the heat. Those days are over. There was one 100 degree day this summer that one of the sups had to come take work from me to make sure I was clocked out by 10:30pm so I would have the required 10 hours off before my next shift.

tourists24

The money we waste daily trying to meet some dumb numbers everyone in the center knows are not right.

No one cares just meet the numbers, is it costing us money as a whole you bet.
I dont know anymore, I dont care much anymore. Which is sad I used to care.
Welcome to the life of a growing number of drivers of not caring anymore. I find myself many a day breaking off in the middle of a neighborhood to start making p/u compliance which the business doesnt care about to begin with. After I make that metric I drive 5 miles back to where I left off and start delivery again. Waste of gas and time, but if they want to pay it, whatever.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the life of a growing number of drivers of not caring anymore. I find myself many a day breaking off in the middle of a neighborhood to start making p/u compliance which the business doesnt care about to begin with. After I make that metric I drive 5 miles back to where I left off and start delivery again. Waste of gas and time, but if they want to pay it, whatever.

Same here, I have to break off from the far side of my area to make a useless pickup time that my customers don't give a flip about so some report will look good. I have to look at it as wasting time and making more overtime because of another stupid decision by somebody up the food chain. Another stupid example is what happened today. I go to work and we have an extra driver, so I decide to burn an Option Day. Usually a PT Cover Driver runs my route, he knows it well and burns it up. They send him out to run my air, and then he has to go meet a FT Unassigned Driver and swap trucks. The FT driver has never run my route and will deliver it blind. The Cover Driver will have to go run air, just to save a few bucks. This makes no sense at all, I headed out the gate as soon as I could.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I respect anyone who will file on O/9.5's when they are running them consistently. Where I am there is so much intimidation toward retribution for filing that no one wants to go down that road. Most here prefer having their family time taken away a little each day they get sent out heavy, to filing the grievance and having to feel like they are looking over their shoulder for whatever revenge the center manager or DM decides is appropriate. The problem never goes away, it ebbs and flows with the seasons.

959Nanook

Do you guys not have any redispatch language? In the Central the language states, No driver shall be disciplined for refusing to go back out after returning to the building from a full days work.

Just curious what keeps the company from "redispatching" you while you are still onroad to circumvent the language as written. Nearly all of our "redispatches" are onroad so I guess there is something I am missing.

7474only

I understand your pain out of only 100+ drivers I'm the only 9.5 griever. It's sad drivers really want to but they just can't seem to break out of their mold. I've been paid plenty of times and its pretty good after 2 weeks then its back to 10 to 12 hr days with a huge target on my back.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I understand your pain out of only 100+ drivers I'm the only 9.5 griever. It's sad drivers really want to but they just can't seem to break out of their mold. I've been paid plenty of times and its pretty good after 2 weeks then its back to 10 to 12 hr days with a huge target on my back.

how many of these folks are just living beyond their means and actually need the overtime...there are a few in my center that have to have it or they wont be able to make their 3k house payment. Surprised that with 100 drivers your the only one on 9.5....dont stress, not worth getting a heart attack over..