90 day raise question..

DTAHONDA

Hey guys,

I started at UPS as a preloader on may 6th.

I'am wondering if i get my 1.00$ raise after 90 days, or 90 working days?

I cant get a straight answer.. Thanks!

DTAHONDA

So i should have the sort test soon? Or go through weather or not i stay.. I show up everyday and dont get to many miss loads every week so i think im good.

Macbrother

I'm not sure what you mean by "sort test." In our area once you have passed 30 days you have gained "seniority" and thus are considered permanent. I didn't have to take any sort of test other than the monthly PCA's and the little training booklets. ~60 days after that I got my $1 raise. Fyi I started during peak in October and my official hire date was 1/16. Got my raise starting the week of 4/8.

DTAHONDA

I'm not sure what you mean by "sort test." In our area once you have passed 30 days you have gained "seniority" and thus are considered permanent. I didn't have to take any sort of test other than the monthly PCA's and the little training booklets. ~60 days after that I got my $1 raise. Fyi I started during peak in October and my official hire date was 1/16. Got my raise starting the week of 4/8.
ive heard about some type of test.

and i driver helped last week, and no one knows how much i made. time and a half or drivers rate. i started may 6th so ive been with ups for at least 70 working days

Macbrother

Might wanna talk to your local HR person or steward or something of the like, then. You definitely have to be your own advocate in these cases, as in my experience you'll never get a straight answer from management (virtually every response is "I don't know.. I'll check on that) and they generally aren't gonna go out of their way to make sure you're straight.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You do not get driver's rate as a driver helper.
If you are the 'driver of record' because you are riding with management, you do. Just an FYI.

As for a test, there are a variety of tests for a variety of jobs. Never heard of a test that enables you to get your 90 day raise, though. It's automatic.

JonFrum

Article 22 specifically says you get a dollar raise 90 calendar days after you start working, but the sort test is probably for a different dollar raise that moves you from the so-called "unskilled" pay scale of loading, unloading, etc., to the so-called "skilled" pay scale of sorting.

The Driver Helper payrate should be listed in your Contract's Supplement. Probably about $11.00 an hour.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
I just got my 90 day raise, it was after 90 working days and not calendar day; I've been a UPS as a pre-loader since March 9.

DTAHONDA

Well i just checked my pay stub and im at 10.50 now.

And i got paid 30.55 an hour for driver helping last week. For 8 hours :)

i made over a weeks check in 1 day