99.3% effective .7% failure

Returntosender

The corporate headline story is. Tough talk from a customer. The customer is a large law firm. Who is on a confrence call with UPS. The lawyer tells UPS management you can't be late or not deliver time senstive packages. .7% of UPS packages are not delivered on time. Of the .7% what percentage are EC codes cause drivers are recalled to the center for what ever reason now days.

Indecisi0n

Our PCM should be on a radio and just repeat itself the same time every morning.
No injuries
No late air
No missed
Call misloads in ASAP
Work on pick up compliance
Check your high values

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our PCM should be on a radio and just repeat itself the same time every morning.
No injuries
No late air
No missed
Call misloads in ASAP
Check your high values

And don't forget the occasional United way presentation or proper lifting/lowering crap

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
This guy should show UPS how to never have an airport closed due to weather, how to never have a Semi loaded with airs stuck in traffic due to an accident.

How to never have 18 inches of snow on the ground at 830 when drivers are leaving the building.

How to never have a package car break down.

Oh, and this guy should understand that the most important thing to UPS big wigs now is Stops Per Car, not anything else.

barnyard

KTM rider
Telling that the lawyer would mention the importance of actually picking the stuff up. I wonder how many more pickups we miss since PAS than before.

My experience suggests that we miss many more.

wornoutupser

The top 99.3% of management got a massive pay raise- I am refering to our exalted CEO.
If the numbers are this bad, how did this happen??

100% of your manager and supervisors couldn't do the job so they need you to be 100% perfect. This is ups. This is logistics. This isn't right is it= ups.

OptimusPrime

First off, eff Upsers for trying to run this as a "motivational" type article. "Oh well see, sometimes great just isn't good enough" type crap. Very lame.

What we have here is some snake tongued sales rep who sold this Law firm a story. We are not in the courier business. You want that type of delivery service, then pay for it. You want some Judge's document in a lawyers hand before the ink dries, well then you are barking up the wrong tree. Or at the very least, NDA isn't your ballgame. We offer Early AM and Express Critical(is that what it's called?)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This video was in the Management Reportback.

I guess management is not as thin-skinned about criticism ... at least I did not hear anybody whining and bitching.

My take on it was , "If you think we are arrogant and non-responsive, should have been here 25 years ago.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And which of our competitors is 100 per cent perfect?? They all have the same problems we do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No injuries
No late air
No missed
Call misloads in ASAP
Check your high values
Don't forget more sales leads so you can have more late air more missed and less pick up compliance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder how many of you would be as forgiving if it were the documents for your closing or your new glasses that you desperately need that were delayed or sheeted as EC on a sunny day.

99.3% is a very impressive on-time frequency. It will never be 100% as IE can't control the weather (yet).

The only thing you and I can control are the airs that we are dispatched with and those that we pickup. If we all take care of those two things the rest should fall in place.

S

speeddemon

The majority of our missed air is from the packages being misloaded on the wrong truck.