A belt full of Zero's

Nolimitz

We completely lost ROADS today. No DRA, no SRA. everything on the #$%& belt was 0/0. Sure made for a fun sort NOT! Anywhere else have this fail today?

whenIgetthere

Same here, it was probably company wide. Was hilarious watching the newbies who've never had the pull the belt without ROADS. Twenty minutes after the sort started, managers stopped the belt and put the newbies on the doc sort, splits and offload, and had the most senior ee's in each loop pull the trucks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a new driver who was just out of his 30 days who was called in to run Saturday air. He grabs his DIAD and starts to download EDD. When he is unable to get EDD he turns to the sup to find out why. The look on his face was priceless when the sup told him that there is no EDD on Saturday and that he would have to enter each stop in to the DIAD "old school" style. From what I heard he made it through the day with only a few hiccups.

!Retired!

Plenty of packages with my route number on them. Ours is up and running.

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating about the "plenty" part since I have a rural route. Lol.
That's today...there was no DRA yesterday.
They are updating maps for roads.
Are they going with some other low budget program? I asked the OSS person why it can't plot certain addresses properly? Answer...it hasn't been updated in 5-6 years. I said there's circle with about 30 homes that's not on the map and it's been there for at least 10 years. <Pulled out my phone> and said 'My $100 used phone can find addresses better than the $10M mapping program they use.'<Shrugs>

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's today...there was no DRA yesterday.

Are they going with some other low budget program? I asked the OSS person why it can't plot certain addresses properly? Answer...it hasn't been updated in 5-6 years. I said there's circle with about 30 homes that's not on the map and it's been there for at least 10 years. <Pulled out my phone> and said 'My $100 used phone can find addresses better than the $10M mapping program they use.'<Shrugs>

GPS is against policy. DRA has been a disaster all-around. First, it doesn't work. Second, it has dumbed-down the employees so they are basically dependent of a defective technology. Third, it has significantly reduced productivity. And fourth, it cost a huge amount of money. I could go on, but I get tired of writing sometimes.

STFXG

When I read the title I thought that this was going to be about the express drivers along the belt waiting to dispatch.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred has Dano searching the Big Lots stores these days for a new and improved ROADS system.

Stay tuned!

code 019 at ur moms

one of the worst things about only delivering on saturday is that you can be on the route for six months and that equates to a month's worth of actual delivery time. so you're still fairly new. I'm only now starting to get that map in my head when I see packages come down the belt. I still basically rely on the manifest though.