A Brown Cafe Christmas Blessing. Aid to a fallen coworker! Join me if you will!

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all,

Many have heard about MH, our coworker(probably former coworker since he is a driver's helper) who was seriously injured while trying to make a few extra bucks for his family this Christmas.

I have come across a means to helping him!

Here is a link to an article that at the end of the article is information where assistance can be offered:Federal Way pastor fights critical injuries from UPS truck crash - PNWLocalNews - Mobile Edition

The link offers an opportunity to donate directly to a bank but the link also provides an e-mail address for a close friend of MH.

This is what I am going to do.

As soon as I am done here, I am going to send an e-mail to this woman and say I want to give $25 to this fund.

I am going to let her know that I am praying for MH and I want him to know this.

Just think, wouldn't it be great if a fire was started and that the BC community came through in a mighty way for our fallen coworker.

I am asking that you thoughtfully consider sending an e-mail of encouragement to MH through this friend and if you would offer a Christmas gift of your own. I am asking you to ask others to do the same.

A forest fire of grace, enouragement, love and care can happen if you let it.

To think, as of now there were 6201 views on the thread about the accident. If every view was able to generate $25 then $155,025 dollars would be flooding in for his care.

If the only gift you can offer is your gift of prayers or encouragement then e-mail them that, that alone would be a blessing. A simple word of encouragement and care is huge in situations like this.

The important thing is to do what your heart is telling you at this moment in time as you read this.

That is what I am going to do.

Join me if you will!!!

Sincerely,
I

over9five

Staff member
I'll join you and match your $25 donation, Integrity.

Great idea!

I'm not sure how to do it electronically, but if we could get Key Banks address we could send a check.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just think, a lot of us got $20 tips the last few days. Just send one in if we can get an address!

over9five

Staff member
Key bank
32400 Pacific Hwy S

Federal Way, WA 98003

People may donate at any branch to the "Mark Haukaas Benefit Fund" and account number 470051012123.

I found this address, I'm going to do it right now while I'm thinking about it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Can the donation be made through a paypal account?
Good idea.

I posted this on the Facebook page and I will post your idea too FJ.

Many UPSers and others would like to donate to Mark and his family.
Is it possible to set up a fund for him at his church and provide the church address so we can send checks to help out?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

What a blessing this is!

I hope this out pouring of support blesses this situation with some much needed assistance.

I hope his body is continuing to heal and that his wife and family are undergirded and comforted by their faith and love for him and for God.

I am not sharing the following to draw attention to what I was led to do, but to provide any possible aid and support and good that can come from a community like this:

Yesterday right before our Christmas day worship service, while pondering and praying for the day, I felt the Spirit tugging at me and my heart and mind was drawn to our fallen coworker lying in a hospital bed far, far away.

Without really thinking much about what I was doing I went to the computer and printed out 3 newspaper articles regarding this accident and his situation.

What my mind and my heart told me to do was to share it with my church.

I didn't share it with the entire congregation but I was put in the path of one of our Deacons.

I gave him the articles and I told him that this situation was on my heart and mind and I felt led to give this to him. I gave him a little background about it and I asked if he would take this to the Deacons for prayer and if God put it on their hearts then maybe they could send him some money that we have set aside for helping those in need.

I ask that you pray that God moves them to continually pray for him and to give generously if led but above all that we all accept God's will for us in the outcome of this situation.

Sincerely,
I

Last edited: