Attachments

• 0625151208.jpg
    0625151208.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 0625151202a.jpg
    0625151202a.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 274

JL 0513

I don't know how the southern guys do it. It's been in the upper 70's with humidity here in MA and I've been sweating my balls off.

JL 0513

I think the main reason future PC's still won't get A/C (a relatively cheap thing to implement in the factory these days), is because UPS doesn't want the time to add up opening and closing the right side door at every stop. This is actually the costly part, not the A/C itself. 10's of thousands of drivers using those seconds at every stop isn't chump change over the course of a year. We do it in the winter but freezing cold is seen as a different thing. UPS isn't about to add a step in the delivery process for our comfort. We aren't supposed to be comfortable in their eyes.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Once again the part-timers get screwed. What not gonna petition to a/c all the buildings?
Either way it doesn't matter. The bean counters who would say it is too expensive already sit in climate control, it doesn't matter to them if hourlies are hot or cold.
A more realistic solution would be contract language that imposed a "hard cap" on hours that drivers could be forced to work on days when the heat index reached a certain point.
It would be mighty tough to enforce. Management would say "Well we didn't know it was going to be that hot when we dispatched it at 6AM."

Not saying it is RIGHT, just saying that's what would be said.
How about some uniforms that are better than the polyester crap they give us now
Corporate's response "Oh they hate the polyester? Wool it is."

browntroll

only place i see usable a/c is in the offices in my hub, which is the only place no one has to break a sweat anyways.
cover driver i know started biking to work to get used to sweating/heat.