A call for posting integrity

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why would anyone report a post or neg rep anyone? Who the hell cares.

That being said, here's a rep I recievied from our friend Tieguy.

does being a brown monster mean you have to be stupid?

What a loser. Here is a guy whining about having shots fired at him by other posters. How pathetic.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Like I was saying on a different thread; things are different now. Back when I went full-time, when a driver got out of line they were "counseled" by senior drivers. Customer service, safety and maintaining the unique management/hourly relationship was paramount. I might add that management held themselves accountable and followed the same unwritten rules. It was fun working in those days. Management really valued us and we knew we had a very special group of supervisors that we took great pains to take care of....Now they're all gone..retired. Man I miss those days.
Same could be said about the union employees.....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Doesn't posting integrity start with poster integrity? Some posters should stop and think about their own actions before pointing the finger at others.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would anyone report a post or neg rep anyone? Who the hell cares.

I will only report a post if it contains profanity, is slanderous, uses personal names not publicly known, or if it is spam or contains a link to a commercial or personal website. I do not report a post simply because I don't agree with it. I will neg rep another member if that person has posted something about me with the sole intent of flaming me, not for offering an opposing point of view.

I have found that since putting two members on ignore I enjoy the time that I spend here much more than I used to.

I will only report a post if it contains profanity, is slanderous, uses personal names not publicly known, or if it is spam or contains a link to a commercial or personal website. I do not report a post simply because I don't agree with it. I will neg rep another member if that person has posted something about me with the sole intent of flaming me, not for offering an opposing point of view.

I have found that since putting two members on ignore I enjoy the time that I spend here much more than I used to.
who are they????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have never gave anyone a neg rep even when they gave me one. Dont see the point, we all need to be built up, not tore down.
I also try to make no judgements on why people post what they do, and why they would continue in such a negative direction. I know I dont have the time or desire.
I also try to make no judgements on peoples age, or how they live their lives, what they do with their personal time, or find joy in doing.
What is the point? I will never get it.
Mods were put in place to throw spam, ads off to protect the community. Rarely do we have to correct our own group, one from another.
It puts us in a position we should not have to be put in, to judge one against another. Just stop, find another thread, it proves nothing, nothing gets resolved, its not interesting, its just a waste of time.

tieguy

Banned
This is ritual with Tie over the years. He seems to find a topic he cant let go of. Started in the early days with a poster called LoyalMBE and moved on to others since. Move on, a few bad apples got spanked by Crash. It's not an unbelievable story.

This would be the post I responded to. Brownmonster completely missed the point for starting the thread and ran off into some other area that had nothing to do with the reason for the thread.
For those of you who do not know loyalmbe was probably one of the three most rabid message board wack jobs upsers have ever seen with Ewave and Sainteamo being the other two.
there may be better examples to use if monster was to go there but it would require some thought on his part.

That being said, here's a rep I recievied from our friend Tieguy.

does being a brown monster mean you have to be stupid?

What a loser. Here is a guy whining about having shots fired at him by other posters. How pathetic.

here again brownmonster completely misses the point of the thread. And thats the problem with these threads. Monster probably has some boss beating his rear on a regular basis and thus he hears and reads his boss into a thread like this.

Posting integrity is not necessarily about being nice. It is about providing the proof when you start some wild thread making all kinds of accusations against someone.
In this scenerio monster could have shown his posting integrity by also posting the flame he made get the response I gave him.
Instead he was evasive. I can certainly be an ass but at least have the common decency to show what you did to trigger my A-hole response to you.

The other side of posting integrity would be to respond to monster challenge. I asked him if he was stupid. He is clearly challenging my asking whether I am justified in asking that question.
I have posted his two posts as proof and I will let you fine folks make that determination as to whether the evidence is there.
Those of you who have seen him post enough over the years can probably answer that question better then I can.

So thats bascially it. This issue to me was always about more then Crash. We have too many single post posters coming here crying the blues and cluttering the boards.
I think its time you folks challenge them to prove they got screwed and challenge them to provide all the answers and not what they selectively wish to feed you.
I think it will improve things here for you.

I'm done with this thread too just like I said I was done with the other issue.

To those of you who need a management person to chase around and to flame from day to day in order to feel like a man, I hope you find something more meaningful to do with your life.

erherh.jpg

I get to be Julie!
erherh.jpg