A Driver's License Is More Than It Seems

wkmac

This piece raises some interesting points about the driver's license and what we could not do without one. Raises the question if dystopian nightmares are hidden behind far more subtle means.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Some cities consider you a vagrant if you don't have ID.

A vagrant? Really? Because you chose not to drive, therefore have no need for a Driver's License, you can be considered a vagrant.

I have never understood this policy.

everyone in America should burn their drivers licensees, we could all join the OWS people and have a demonstration and build a giant bonfire.
Of course we would all have to walk.

P

pickup

Hey, if it doesn't have three 6's in a row, don't worry about it.

No, it doesn't , but in fine print, it says something about licensee being the property of Steven Joseph Harper (wait , that's 6 letters in each name, 6 6 6) . Damn!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hammer has a state picture ID for Hawaii........gets you local rates on all the golf courses. Saves him hundreds of dollars on vacation golf.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
No, it doesn't , but in fine print, it says something about licensee being the property of Steven Joseph Harper (wait , that's 6 letters in each name, 6 6 6) . Damn!!

And I assume you made this the 6th post of this thread for the same reason...freakin spooky! :)

AssistantSanta

Some cities consider you a vagrant if you don't have ID.

A vagrant? Really? Because you chose not to drive, therefore have no need for a Driver's License, you can be considered a vagrant.

I have never understood this policy.

That's why DMV in many states issue NOT VALID FOR DRIVING state issue ID. This type of ID is issued to people ineligible to drive(blind, revoked, etc) or choose not to drive. Since it lends credibility of state issued ID, I believe it has the same proof of identity requirement as its counterpart with driving privilege attached.

There's no excuse to not have one or the other.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's why DMV in many states issue NOT VALID FOR DRIVING state issue ID. This type of ID is issued to people ineligible to drive(blind, revoked, etc) or choose not to drive. Since it lends credibility of state issued ID, I believe it has the same proof of identity requirement as its counterpart with driving privilege attached.

There's no excuse to not have one or the other.
And, be able to present it for voting !!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's why DMV in many states issue NOT VALID FOR DRIVING state issue ID. This type of ID is issued to people ineligible to drive(blind, revoked, etc) or choose not to drive. Since it lends credibility of state issued ID, I believe it has the same proof of identity requirement as its counterpart with driving privilege attached. There's no excuse to not have one or the other.

This was already discussed in post #10. Please try to keep up.

And, be able to present it for voting !!!!!

Good one!