A FedExer here...

Jumperwire

Parceling the Fla coast
WAIT UNTIL OUR NEW CONTRACT IS SETTLED BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY RASH DECISIONS. IT WILL BE INTERESTING WHAT WE GAIN AND WHAT WE ARE ASKED TO GIVE UP.
No matter what the outcome of the contract is most union brother's with 10 + years would be crazy to leave. Too start over again at the bottom of another list make less money and have virtually no vacation time would be nut's. Remember the grass isn't allways green on the other side!!! I have worked for other trucking companies most don't pay :censored2:. During the strike of 1997 I drove for another outfit and it was a real eye opener. Most of the guy's there wanted me to try to get them in parcel after the strike was over!!!

rushfan

I agree most of them are nice people. The Ground guy and I have the same name. One customer blamed me for some problem. Ground guy shows up while I'm there, and the customer looks at both of us, has a confused look, and finally says I can leave. I see him delivering something heavy, and say, "I'm glad you get to deliver that". He says the same to me.

Now the express driver is a different story. Probably ex upser.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I'm not complaining about the FDX gal on my route. She looks like a young (and skinny) Christy Alley. Always a smile on her face and great personality.

She always takes an extra second to see how your day is going,all I can say is Hamana Hamana Hamana!

teamsterdan

I recently had to p/u a pkg. from a local fed ex ground facility, I didn't know existed.......... it's been around for 2 yrs. regardless the bldg. is roughly the same size of my ctr. but there were some major differences, including a electronic security controled entrance to the yard, as well as a security fence, and signs reminding drivers of the 5 seeing habits.....overall the place had a more welcoming and professional feel abt. it...........my ctr. btw is only 10 yrs old and was built from the ground up....... I had the chance to speak to a driver who was waiting for a ride.... get this, he's working for a person who owns 4 routes and pays this guy $100 day.......flat rate.....not for me thanks.....

B

brown guy

ask your self this if you hate you job or talk bad about the company why are you stillworking there??????? are hooked on the money or pay scale? you tell me im long time driver at ups and i know its help me too be better off then when i was growing up as the poor kid on the block..ive seen many changes at ups so good some bad but in the long run things get done dont they....

dragracer66

ask your self this if you hate you job or talk bad about the company why are you stillworking there??????? are hooked on the money or pay scale? you tell me im long time driver at ups and i know its help me too be better off then when i was growing up as the poor kid on the block..ive seen many changes at ups so good some bad but in the long run things get done dont they....
What the???? I hope you don't talk the way you type or parcel is in trouble!!!!

brett636

I would leave for FedEx (not "FedEx Ground") if they offered me a full-time job. Why? Because it's seems that I'm stuck as a part-timer at UPS so if I was offered a good full-time job then I'd take it. FedEx pays pretty well too. Not as much as UPS but pretty well. Plus they can actually move around in their trucks in the morning. For me it's not about working for the better company. It's about having a full-time job with good benefits and a decent pension. My concern is providing for my family. Working for the better company, which I feel UPS is, is not my concern.

Fedex froze their pension back in 2003 for all employees. Only those that had credit to that point will get whatever they accrued.

keith lestrange

Hello everyone, I'm a part-time outbound service manager at a terminal in Virginia. I've never worked for UPS but I hear alot of bad things about it lol. I have some questions and I hope that you guys can answer them.

1. Do you think Fedex is any better?
2. Why do people swear by Fedex? I can't see there being too much of a difference..
3. How are your package handlers trained? A video? On-the-job? One week class?
hi fedex
i work for ups in ireland
many of the fedex guys are owner driver and poly delvr "air" we dont have fedex ground
they delv about a qtr of what i do and always seem to have a long"lunch" complaining their so busy
some of them are ok guys and there is talk of the war between us
fedex is cheeper but cannot guarentee next day around europe where ups is by 1030/1200 latest
people will pay the xtra for the service

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Cold------if DHL has a lower cost to serve( lower wages and benefits---and some subsidizing from the German Postal Service) they get away with dirt cheap prices---and UPS can't do anything about it.I'm not saying that I argree with it--that is just the way it works.Also, UPS has always compared just the volume of a customer and not the overall revenue, until recently, when offering discounts.So , bottom line---if a company like FedEx continues to get away with using sub-contractors and not paying employee salaries and benefits--it will continue to be able to offer lowwer prices than UPS---thus luring away customers wanting to save $$$$---------when the new 2008 contract comes out it is something that needs to be addressed-----how much longer can UPS pay higher wages and all medical and pension benefits and stay competitive in the transportation industry and compete with non-union FedEx's??

In SoCalif the Retail Clerks went on strike because they didn't want to pay a portion of their medical-------now huge supermarker chains in Nor Calif (Albertson's) are selling off their stores because they know it is a matter of time that non-union Wal Mart and their Super Stores will be able to offer mucvh lower prices and steal customers away-------it is called Market Share and it is what everybody is fighting for!!

F

FedEx Ted

Fedex froze their pension back in 2003 for all employees. Only those that had credit to that point will get whatever they accrued.

That's not accurate... Employees hired after 2003 have a portable pension and employees hired before could either stay with the traditional pension plan or if their traditional plan was maxed out they could then start a portable plan. Not too bad ending up with 2 pensions. The company contributing 401K didn't change.