A few questions...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ptbrownclown47, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Ptbrownclown47

Ptbrownclown47 New Member

Hey,
    I work the preload and I'm in the sort aisle, been doing preload for 4-5 months and was a driver helper over christmas, could i work the midnight shift too if i start the preload since the start time is usually 4:45? What would they most likely have me doing if i worked the midnight shift too? Does anyone else do 2 shifts back to back?

And there's a Package delivery driver job open on the ups job website for my hub, I clicked apply for position and filled out the 10 or so questions it asked me. When i go to my applications, it says under status: On file. Under "Complete" it says : No. I select that application and all it says on the next page is " Current Employee", Do I need to do anything else or will they contact me?

Thanks fellas :cowboy:

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

You could double shift if the midnight needs extra people and you have enough seniority. We have people double shifting on the preload almost year round.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You cannot apply for positions online as a current employee. Your center or hub will post bid sheets when they have openings. You sign the bid sheet. The jobs are filled in seniority order.

Resident know-it-all.

4. Ptbrownclown47

Where do they post the sheets at? At HR?

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Ptbrownclown47

And besides seniority, does having a good or bad driving record help out when it comes to them choosing a driver?( ive got a clean record)

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

In my hub you go and talk to hr and sign a intent to drive sheet.

Sent using BrownCafe App

7. Ptbrownclown47

Guess ill check out HR on monday

Sent using BrownCafe App

8. Go Brown Or Go Home!

Go Brown Or Go Home! Active Member

Search around the forums and you'll have every answer you can think of to be a driver or bathroom attendant.

Sent using BrownCafe App