A First

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sealbasher, Jun 12, 2009.

1. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

Today i was sent home for the first time in 18 years.The reason,busted 9.5 3 days and 10.5 on monday,yesterday i missed 4 stops 7 pkgs and didnt phone for help,becuase of traffic was unable to make it back under 9.5.What kind of punishment is giving a guy with 7 hours ot a long weekend.Im going to miss next thursday and have another long weekend lol. They also have to pay me for today. lol@UPS

2. feederdriver06

feederdriver06 former monkey slave

Sounds like a good deal to me. Just bang 'em for 10 hours a day for the first four days of the week and get Friday off. Do it again and again and again

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

So Seal, you were suspended for "failure to follow instructions" because you didn't call in that you'd be over 9.5, right?

I've had last minute traffic that's put me over. too. All you have to do is call them from the yard when you're back at the building. That way you followed instructions when it was safe to do so, and as soon as possible after you knew.

If they really wanted you to make 9.5, they'd plan you less than 9.48.

Enjoy your day off, sounds like you already have enough OT!!!

4. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

I dont have a cell phone and only 3 payphones in area,so everytime i have to call i lose like 15 mins

5. over9five

When you return to the building, call from the guard shack, borrow a phone in the yard, or call the center from the center!

6. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

is your diad broke? It only takes about 10 or 15 sec to send a quality message.

7. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

ive been told messages are not acceptable,got another meeting monday and im pretty close to clocking my sup

8. over9five

I strongly recommend you not clock the supervisor!

9. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

im old school i stay out till the work is done "overtime is unavoidable",i dont care if they give me 200 stops a day i can only do what i can do,but i hate having to phone everyday to say i might be over 9.5,and just so u know they just stared this 9.5 thing here.This time last year i had no overtime and was happy with that,now i dont care theres nothing they can do to me now that already hasnt been done. DOWN WITH FED X

10. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

there will be no witnesses

11. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I've been told that before, but it's better than nothing. If you can give a couple hours heads up they probably wouldn't have a problem. The worst they would do is send a message to call center.
    When a supe goes home thinking everything is taken care of and gives the higher ups a thumbs up, then finds out in the morning it wasn't they don't tend to be happy.

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

I think he wants to give the supe a clock...As a gift.

13. cancun

cancun New Member

You were probably sent home for the missed pieces since you did not phone in for help.

14. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

lmao

15. sealbasher

sealbasher Member

yup,i knew it was going to happen,but i had to sheet them cant have a missed scan,my sup got reemed good which makes me happy.my sup said he was going to fire the driver beside me if he went over 9.5 and u should of seen that show,2 ddrivers 4 sups battling,im not too worried he will be gone before me.