A funny thing happened on the way to the inauguration...

P

pickup

you would think he would be familiar with the concept of "clean in , clean out" now he has to clean out his desk. What was he thinking?

P

pickup

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1387319,gun-baggage-midway-0120.article

Mr. Kess WAS a member of the Cach feeder management team. A poor decision on his part as his destination was the presidential inauguration via Baltimore MD. Now he has the full attention of Homeland Security,the FBI,and Secret Service.

and when you state "WAS a member of cach", does that imply his carrying a weapon in his luggage resulted in his immediate termination at ups? Gee, the flasher in florida held on to his job for a few days after his act.

I don't understand how he could not have known the gun was in his bag. When I pack my luggage for a trip I start out with an empty bag.

and when you state "WAS a member of cach", does that imply his carrying a weapon in his luggage resulted in his immediate termination at ups? Gee, the flasher in florida held on to his job for a few days after his act.
The flasher is a union member, a management team member is not.

Worse case,besides a trip to Guantanamo, is he`s out of a job. Best case is he beats the rap,remains employed, and is shipped off to run the package car wash in Bufu Egypt. Either way it`s no loss to the company.

Channahon

A real genius huh? I guess it's one thing to have a gun in your possesion and forget about it, but a loaded gun, in your carry on luggage?

I hope he and the other 2 nitwits in the article, who attempted to board a plane with a loaded gun, get some jail time.

I wonder if they were just this stupid or thought the laws didn't apply to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just went through airport security twice this past week (Albany, NY, and Raleigh-Durham, NC) and they were so thorough I half expected to see someone with a rubber glove motioning for me to follow him to a private room. How anyone thought they were going to get a loaded gun by TSA is beyond me?

trickpony1

I wonder if they were just this stupid or thought the laws didn't apply to them.

It's not uncommon for management (PT sup through and including district manager) to think the rules don't apply to them.
"Do you know who I am?", as uttered by different management folks as well as their complete disregard for basic human and contractual rights would suggest this.

tieguy

Banned

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I kind of feel bad for the guy. I seriously doubt he intended to bring the gun on board, knowing full well that his bag would be searched and x-rayed. He probably just forgot the gun was in there. It ws a brain fart, albiet a serious one. Until proven guilty in court, it isnt right for UPS to terminate his employment.

I kind of feel bad for the guy. I seriously doubt he intended to bring the gun on board, knowing full well that his bag would be searched and x-rayed. He probably just forgot the gun was in there. It ws a brain fart, albiet a serious one. Until proven guilty in court, it isnt right for UPS to terminate his employment.
How the hell do you forget a loaded hand gun in your luggage? Why would it ever be in your luggage to begin with?

over9five

Staff member
And that leads to all those other questions...

Does he have kids at home who could have found it while playing?

What if he had loaned his luggage to someone?

Sorry, this guy is too stupid to have a gun. Luckily, he'll probably lose that right.

Channahon

It's not uncommon for management (PT sup through and including district manager) to think the rules don't apply to them.
"Do you know who I am?", as uttered by different management folks as well as their complete disregard for basic human and contractual rights would suggest this.

It's not about UPS management, it's about 3 people who have attempted to bring loaded guns on planes, as noted in the article.

In other newspaper articles it points out that not only was it in his suitcase but it was inside a Crown Royal bag inside the case. "Just forgot the gun was there?" There are six guns in my house and I can personally say that I don`t ever forget where they are and they sure as hell aren`t stored inside a piece of luggage.

thank god they caught him , Baltimore does not need any chicago thugs flying in.:happy-very:

I take it he was not well liked enough to get a going away party?

No love lost with this guy. But on the bright side Tie we have an opening in the feeder dept, All the lead pipes and cement shoes are free to company employees.:happy2: