A Gift To You....

herbigharo32

For those that get hounded for taking a day to recover from that cold sweeping across north Texas. Being dry and windy makes for some big warm yellow burgers......Man, even snot is bigger in Texas LOL!!

PS>> Be sure to fold it up and leave it in your back pocket before presenting :-)

**CAVEAT**

Use this Dr's Note at your own risk. Invalid Dr's note could be considered dishonest communication with employer and subject to termination. If you are taking fewer than 3 days off and have not called out recently, then you probably do not have to provide a note even if requested by supervisor.

If you have a valid medical reason for which you must take 3 days or more off or intermittently, please consider FMLA. Your Dr will fax a notice to HR. Again, you NEVER have to leave a note with your supervisor.

Attachments

• sick.zip
    40 KB · Views: 127

drewed

Shankman
Looks like a great way to get fired, every Drs note Ive seen has a physicians name, and contact info on it....And in most places if they require a note before the 3rd day the company pays for it but if they say you need a note and the dr says nothing is wrong with you thats an integrity issue

herbigharo32

Being at UPS, I am actually amazed that supervisors are even allowed to take dr's notes from employees. That is something that HR normally handles. 2 years ago, I bottomed out with the flu and took 2 weeks FMLA. I was laid up for a week. The following week was spent resting and completing chores around the house. My physician faxed in the papers to human resources with a return to duty date.

Yes I did use this fake note 8 years ago when I worked at Target. It was more of a prank involving me and 4 other people calling off to attend Six Flags. We were told about getting a write up but never actaully got followed through by management. We did not take any paid time off (PTO).

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Use this Dr's Note at your own risk. Invalid Dr's note could be considered dishonest communication with employer and subject to termination. If you are taking fewer than 3 days off and have not called out recently, then you probably do not have to provide a note even if requested by supervisor.

If you have a valid medical reason for which you must take 3 days or more off or intermittently, please consider FMLA. Your Dr will fax a notice to HR. Again, you NEVER have to leave a note with your supervisor.

And its this kinda bull that keeps stewards busy.

Actually not, because there is no "could" be considered dishonest. It is dishonest, and it will be considered dishonest. And we all know that dishonesty is what class?.............Yes, you in the back, a cardinal sin for which there is no recourse on your part. Very good!

So if you are considering jumping ship, by all means, use it.

Otherwise.....

d

herbigharo32

So, I took a day off so I can get over this freaken cold. And, no I will not be bringing ANY Dr's note. If UPS wants to send me to a doc so I can get a script for this sinus infection I am actually all for it!! Hey, I'll even work an extra shift if it means getting over this cold faster and sooner :smart:

rod

Retired 22 years
2 years ago, I bottomed out with the flu and took 2 weeks FMLA. I was laid up for a week. The following week was spent resting and completing chores around the house.

(PTO).

2 WEEKS OFF- FOR THE FLU? Damn- you would of been the laughing stock of our center.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I missed a week with a bad stomach virus once, and that was legit, but it would have been hard to sell another week off after I recovered just so that I could "rest up and do some chores around the house" :happy-very:.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Rod, they just don't grow 'em the way that they used to.

I do agree, though, 2 weeks off for the flu is a joke.

3 years ago, one of our drivers did that in the middle of December. I don't care how sick you are, that takes balls. I'm sure if he had requested, the second week they could have kept him lighter and he already had a runner. I know i've never been that sick in my life, at least not for 2 weeks in a row. :sick:

herbigharo32

No will power was going to get around that flu. I was at work when the paramedics picked me up because I was not able to drive. Next time, I would be more than happy to "Trade Places" with any guys. Honestly, those two weeks was rather boring if not miserable. The first week, I just slept. The second week was watching TV, sleeping, and catching up on chores.

When it comes to stomach aches, I just use the nearest trash can.... Clean myself up, and back to work. One pointer though; when it's hot, allow about an hour to rehydrate before going back to the production area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry, I'm just not buying it. 2 weeks off for the flu?

I split my knee open one morning at WalMart (first stop). We cleaned it up threw a bandage on it and I finished the day and then went to get stitches (4).

2 weeks off for the flu in my center at Christmas would get you on the **** list for the next year.

herbigharo32

Depends on how bad the flu is too. I get it every several years and it typically goes away in 3 - 5 days. I usually just get antibiotics and sleep it off for a few days. Then, back to normal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's like Ferris Bueller told his friend who was also sick in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Get dressed, take some Pepto-Bismol, and get over here." In other words, suck it up.

P

pickup

Being at UPS, I am actually amazed that supervisors are even allowed to take dr's notes from employees. That is something that HR normally handles. 2 years ago, I bottomed out with the flu and took 2 weeks FMLA. I was laid up for a week. The following week was spent resting and completing chores around the house. My physician faxed in the papers to human resources with a return to duty date.

Yes I did use this fake note 8 years ago when I worked at Target. It was more of a prank involving me and 4 other people calling off to attend Six Flags. We were told about getting a write up but never actaully got followed through by management. We did not take any paid time off (PTO).

whoa, glad to see that the FMLA, family medical leave act, isn't being abused!!!:knockedout:(face of the consumer who ultimately pays the cost of such abuse.)

herbigharo32

A fake dr's note would not work for FMLA..... HR would have a right and would try to verify. I liked the part where they tried to roll the miles back on the car LOL!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was on vacation for 2 wks in july, came back spent 5 days in the hospital and then another 5 days recouperating. It could be said that my vacation lasted for 3 1/2 wks but it was not all fun and games. :sad-little: