A Little Extra Love

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Oh Long Johnson, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Oh Long Johnson

Oh Long Johnson New Member

What kind of packages do you give a little extra care to? In no way am I rough with anything, but you all know the sense of urgency there is when handling most things. However, the ones with anything alive in it I am always extra gentle with. Fish and crickets mostly, and I'm pretty sure they're on there way to getting eaten, but I like to take that extra second to set it down gently, and right side up. And the boxes where someone wrote "Please (whatever)" I pay attention to those ones too. I know I can't be the only one.
  2. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

Victoria's Secret !!!
  3. jaker

jaker trolling

The packages that I deliver to my house
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

5. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

The Palm during Holy Week !! what can I say,I didn't want to go to hell !!
  6. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

I try to take extra care when delivering all the exercise equipment ordered by the overweight ladies on my route. I realize it has to be in good working order so they can get right into their exercise routines. After four weeks of use when they come to the conclusion that their butts are not getting any smaller, I want them to have a nice piece of equipment to hang their laundry on to dry.
  7. BlackCat

BlackCat Member

Until I get to see the package recipient, Victoria Secret is ALWAYS sig required.
  8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I treat all packages the same, as I consider them all to be equally worthless.
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The high calorie beverages that chemo patients get.
  10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Anything marked, Waterford, Cash's of Ireland or Bohemian Crystal !!!
  11. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

To me "Fragile" meant throw it underhand.
  12. Jigawatts

Jigawatts Member

The ones I handle when supervisors are lurking.:raspberry-tounge:
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Vermont Teddy Bear, it says I'm giving it a headache on the bottom. Also Sherries Berries, I want someone to treat my package with berries with equally tender hands.
  14. curiousbrain

curiousbrain Well-Known Member

Currently, I supervise the unload; nothing gets special treatment. Although, I've been known to tape an envelope or two.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Have you ever priced a Vermont Teddy Bear? They are very expensive.
  16. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Packages marked Urgent Human Tissue, or Human Remains I treat extra care.
  17. teamsterdan

teamsterdan Member

typically oddball stuff like hockey sticks, golf bags..luggage...............besides the fact they are paying big tyme the stuff is usually going to someone on campus (go badgers)......have handled a lot of the other fun stuff mentioned too..........good thread
  18. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Is that why you got a cat?
  19. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That's because there made in the USA. They also have a lifetime guaranty. If something happen you can send it to them and they will fix it.

You get what you pay for.
  20. scbbbc

scbbbc New Member

they can be quite heavy but turkey's and the deli meat company that goes through building. also bike boxes