a little known fact

I'm paying guys between $900 and $1000/week, 2 weeks paid vacation. If my ISP negotiations go well, I can probably do a little better.

As far as a business loan goes, the bad thing about the ISP business model is that it will price a lot of potential owners right out of the market. I've purchased a route with a paid-off van for as little as $8000 in the past, but.... thanks to a bunch of lawsuit-happy malcontents... the initial investment for an ISP will likely be out of reach for a lot of guys who would like to be contractors.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm paying guys between $900 and $1000/week, 2 weeks paid vacation. If my ISP negotiations go well, I can probably do a little better.

As far as a business loan goes, the bad thing about the ISP business model is that it will price a lot of potential owners right out of the market. I've purchased a route with a paid-off van for as little as $8000 in the past, but.... thanks to a bunch of lawsuit-happy malcontents... the initial investment for an ISP will likely be out of reach for a lot of guys who would like to be contractors.
Very true. I am waiting for the last $65,000 of a $100,000 route purchase that is to be paid this week. Not cheap.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
But the example is not. People simply don't care what the truth is. If they don't care about the truth with Obama, do you think they give a crap if Fred S is a slimy piece of crotch rot?

Why can't you leave Obama out of this?

I said he's irrelevant to this discussion but you keep dragging him back into it. Why don't you join a political science forum? Huh?

As far as Smith goes more people do give a crap about him being "a slimy piece of crotch rot" than you might think. That's one reason why this discussion forum exists by the way.

bbsam

Staff member
Why can't you leave Obama out of this?

I said he's irrelevant to this discussion but you keep dragging him back into it. Why don't you join a political science forum? Huh?

As far as Smith goes more people do give a crap about him being "a slimy piece of crotch rot" than you might think. That's one reason why this discussion forum exists by the way.
So you believe Fedex and the RLA and unions and the senate voting on the language has nothing to do with politics and political science?

I'm simply making the point that the general public is not concerned enough to find out facts much larger than Fred S. If they don't care about the CEO of the United States, why would the care about the CEO of Fed Ex?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So you believe Fedex and the RLA and unions and the senate voting on the language has nothing to do with politics and political science?

I'm simply making the point that the general public is not concerned enough to find out facts much larger than Fred S. If they don't care about the CEO of the United States, why would the care about the CEO of Fed Ex?

The general public doesn't like corrupt business people, so Fred should actually be on their radar sometime in the near future. Eventually, the truth is going to come out, and I'm not talking about his past transgressions.

bbsam

Staff member
The general public doesn't like corrupt business people, so Fred should actually be on their radar sometime in the near future. Eventually, the truth is going to come out, and I'm not talking about his past transgressions.
To a certain degree you are right. The problem is that the general public doesn't care unless it is directly affected or it's part of a larger meldown. Bill Gates is generally respected but I've heard his competitors aren't that impressed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
To a certain degree you are right. The problem is that the general public doesn't care unless it is directly affected or it's part of a larger meldown. Bill Gates is generally respected but I've heard his competitors aren't that impressed.

Here's a non-related question. If a Ground driver has a collision and it's their fault, who get sued? Is it the contractor or FedEx? Be careful how you answer.

quadro

Here's a non-related question. If a Ground driver has a collision and it's their fault, who get sued? Is it the contractor or FedEx? Be careful how you answer.
The answer is whoever the attorneys think they can get money from so in all likelihood it will be both. No need to be careful how this is answered. Whether or not it's correct to name FedEx is irrelevant as the plaintiff's attorney isn't going to leave any stone unturned if they are worth anything.

If I slip and fall in a franchised McDonalds, the odds are that McDonalds is going to get named in the suit as well as the franchisee even though the McDonalds corporation didn't necessarily do anything wrong.

FedEx courier

I've always heard fx covered their non-liability in the contract between the owner operator. I hate to say it but this is a discussion where bsam is needed.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably the company because they have the "deep pockets". But I was involved in a situation where I personally was sued.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The answer is whoever the attorneys think they can get money from so in all likelihood it will be both. No need to be careful how this is answered. Whether or not it's correct to name FedEx is irrelevant as the plaintiff's attorney isn't going to leave any stone unturned if they are worth anything.

If I slip and fall in a franchised McDonalds, the odds are that McDonalds is going to get named in the suit as well as the franchisee even though the McDonalds corporation didn't necessarily do anything wrong.

But aren't you an "independent"contractor, not a franchisee? I have never heard of Ground "franchises" as such.

quadro

But aren't you an "independent"contractor, not a franchisee? I have never heard of Ground "franchises" as such.
Does it really make a difference? A franchisee is an independent business owner but is still governed by the terms of the franchise agreement (contract). Even as an independent business owner, if the front of the building says McDonalds, you can bet that the McDonalds Corporation would get named in any type of lawsuit. That's just the litigious society that we live in today.

FedExer267

Does it really make a difference? A franchisee is an independent business owner but is still governed by the terms of the franchise agreement (contract). Even as an independent business owner, if the front of the building says McDonalds, you can bet that the McDonalds Corporation would get named in any type of lawsuit. That's just the litigious society that we live in today.
That is true when you see accidents in the paper they say FEDEX Ground driver was in a accident, Not a employee of a independent contractor that delivers packages for FedEx was in a accident. We are identified as employees of FedEx because that we look like.
FedEx covers the basics though if you are in or cause a accident you will get a call from FedEx risk management. This happened to me awhile ago, I was accused of causing a wreck then driving off. Lucky for me I had punched out 3 and a half hours earlier than that wreck happened. So I guess risk management decides who pays just a thought.