A Little Nervous, Pardon my Venting

MassWineGuy

What trend would that be, Dave? I'm not going to trade all my humanity to become a machine. At least with driving there's a decent mix. Very nice cat there, btw.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You saw someone working their butt off and said "thanks, but that's not for me."

You are "anxiously" waiting to start your new job yet ignore an early morning phone call, letting the machine get it.

UPS is all about initiative, especially when you are first starting.

MassWineGuy

Go to hell, Dave. It's a matter of how hard I want to work my ass off. And driving is the right mix. Not everyone can be Superman, like you. You want to be a sorter, be my eff'n guest. I chose not to, you sanctimonious little member. You can go forth and multiply, if you get my meaning.

J

jibbs

Go to hell, Dave. It's a matter of how hard I want to work my ass off. And driving is the right mix. Not everyone can be Superman, like you. You want to be a sorter, be my eff'n guest. I chose not to, you sanctimonious little member. You can go forth and multiply, if you get my meaning.

You just told him to have sex with a woman. I think you meant to tell him to go **** himself.

Loading/unloading isn't for everybody... neither is driving. Most in this thread are making judgement calls based on experience, no more or less. However, I wouldn't expose your loader to any of that holier-than-thou attitude. We might not make as much money as FTers but we can definitely **** a driver's day up if we want... hell, sometimes even when we don't want to. I have a feeling one of the drivers I loaded for today would've cussed me out if I was near the truck when he came in this morning, and I actually like that guy.

MassWineGuy

I respect the hell out of both loaders and drivers. There's limit to how much work I want to do. If that's a weakness, I'm weak.

And I definitely did tell Dave to friend himself.

When folks say UPS drivers are great, I can think of one person whom they're not referring to.

J

jibbs

I respect the hell out of both loaders and drivers. There's limit to how much work I want to do. If that's a weakness, I'm weak.

And I definitely did tell Dave to friend himself.

When folks say UPS drivers are great, I can think of one person whom they're not referring to.

I can't speak to the content of his character but dude's information is normally spot-on and he's never given me a hard time, so UPState's ok in my book. Don't be afraid to speak your mind openly, man, if there's a bad word we're not allowed to say in your post then it'll be automatically censored out. No worries.

I also wouldn't call self-imposed limitations regarding work intensity a weakness.... I'm just saying that you'll be in an environment where a majority of your co-workers have busted their ass for years to get the FT position you've gotten off-the-street, and it might not be in your best interest to make it seem like that kind of work is beneath you or anything.

MassWineGuy

Let's clear something up. I do not have a full time job driving for UPS. It ends in January. So far, I've worked a total of 15 hours since the one week training session three weeks ago. Also, unlike the loaders, I am not covered by the contract, so my pay is way below theirs and I have zero benefits. No one can show me where I ever said the work was beneath me, so stop the inaccuracies. It's not. I just don't want to do that amount of work. Like I said, I respect the hell out of the loaders as well as the drivers.

Is a UPS driver's job a walk in the park? Maybe for Superman in NY State it is, but I think that most mortals would think it's a very hard job.

Pray for some sanity.

PT Car Washer

You have a lot to learn about life. I wish you the best of luck. You will need it.

PT Car Washer

Let's clear something up. I do not have a full time job driving for UPS. It ends in January. So far, I've worked a total of 15 hours since the one week training session three weeks ago. Also, unlike the loaders, I am not covered by the contract, so my pay is way below theirs and I have zero benefits. No one can show me where I ever said the work was beneath me, so stop the inaccuracies. It's not. I just don't want to do that amount of work. Like I said, I respect the hell out of the loaders as well as the drivers.

Is a UPS driver's job a walk in the park? Maybe for Superman in NY State it is, but I think that most mortals would think it's a very hard job.

Pray for some sanity.

I don't have a FT job either. I always try to double up on the day sort during peak. Don't know the sort and too old to unload usually end up loading with a bunch of seasonal. I started as a seasonal 36 years ago. Unless the center grabs me to help deliver. Rather make time and a half after 5 hours than 8 hours.

BrownArmy

..I just don't want to do that amount of work. Like I said, I respect the hell out of the loaders as well as the drivers....

You think the loaders work too much?

(LULZ)

I hope you get the seasonal driving job.

I hope you get hired on as a FT driver.

Come back in twelve months and tell us your observations.

Kiss, kiss, goodnight, sweet dreams.