A Little Nervous, Pardon my Venting

J

jibbs

Let's clear something up. I do not have a full time job driving for UPS. It ends in January. So far, I've worked a total of 15 hours since the one week training session three weeks ago. Also, unlike the loaders, I am not covered by the contract, so my pay is way below theirs and I have zero benefits. No one can show me where I ever said the work was beneath me, so stop the inaccuracies. It's not. I just don't want to do that amount of work. Like I said, I respect the hell out of the loaders as well as the drivers.

Is a UPS driver's job a walk in the park? Maybe for Superman in NY State it is, but I think that most mortals would think it's a very hard job.

Pray for some sanity.

Dude, I said not to make it seem like the work is beneath you. Don't put words in my mouth by pretending I put words in your mouth, ****er. Matter fact, leave my mouth out of it altogether.

I appreciate the respect, though. :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No because it would be at helper rate. Better to work the day sort for sort OT rate. Or work midnight and preload. Plus driver helper sucks.

Insiders who works as helpers are paid their insider rate and receive OT after 8 hours. We are encouraged to use insiders before any outsiders are used.

Driver helper is what the driver makes of it. The ideal is to work as a team; to that end, I make sure that my helper is fully trained on the DIAD and is able to work independently. When doing residentials I try to park so that we can get as many stops off as possible without having to move the pkg car. When doing commercials we both deliver at the same time.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Insiders who works as helpers are paid their insider rate and receive OT after 8 hours. We are encouraged to use insiders before any outsiders are used.

Driver helper is what the driver makes of it. The ideal is to work as a team; to that end, I make sure that my helper is fully trained on the DIAD and is able to work independently. When doing residentials I try to park so that we can get as many stops off as possible without having to move the pkg car. When doing commercials we both deliver at the same time.
If PTers go out as helpers, we get OT after 5 hrs.

PT Car Washer

We have several PTers that make a pretty decent wage working PT and run air stops in the morning and do Saturday air. Talking $40K to $60K after progression. Most of us are in are 50's. Which is why we do not go FT driving.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We have several PTers that make a pretty decent wage working PT and run air stops in the morning and do Saturday air. Talking $40K to $60K after progression. Most of us are in are 50's. Which is why we do not go FT driving.

I will probably do Saturday driving when I turn 21 until I finish college just to see if ft driving is something I would want to do as a career. I dont know which path I'll head to. I just cant picture myself sitting in an office and pulling off affectionate gestures and smiles to customers and bosses. Hands on physical labor is what I like, although I would like a job that lets me feel proud that I accomplish something whenever I do a good job.