A lot of unhappy campers in teamcare's first few days....

pomf

Do you have a second job? I'm not trying to be disrespectful I'm just trying to figure out what your situation is.

Yes I did have a full time job. Actually I've had 4 different ones in the past 5.5 years. Been laid off of all of them due to cut backs. I've been at UPS part time for over 8 years with no sniff of a full time opportunity. Also not able to leave due to the unstable work force out there.

I do realize our new insurance is still better than most people in the country. However, when it still is a cut (and potentially huge cut) from what we had and our company is raking in the profit then it does sting too much.

It's not just the insurance cuts, but also who controls it and what they can do without our input. Central States is a mess plain and simple. I realize that the pension is separate from the health fund, but it's the same board in charge of both. I'm aware that the health fund is in great status, but that doesn't mean they know what they are doing. They were all too quick to want to dump us in that fund. Also, they can take up to a 100% of our future raises and divert them into the fund (without our input).

PTers got hosed on this contract plain and simple. We will continue to get hosed until enough of us start standing up and saying enough is enough.

Yes I did have a full time job. Actually I've had 4 different ones in the past 5.5 years. Been laid off of all of them due to cut backs. I've been at UPS part time for over 8 years with no sniff of a full time opportunity. Also not able to leave due to the unstable work force out there.

I do realize our new insurance is still better than most people in the country. However, when it still is a cut (and potentially huge cut) from what we had and our company is raking in the profit then it does sting too much.

It's not just the insurance cuts, but also who controls it and what they can do without our input. Central States is a mess plain and simple. I realize that the pension is separate from the health fund, but it's the same board in charge of both. I'm aware that the health fund is in great status, but that doesn't mean they know what they are doing. They were all too quick to want to dump us in that fund. Also, they can take up to a 100% of our future raises and divert them into the fund (without our input).

PTers got hosed on this contract plain and simple. We will continue to get hosed until enough of us start standing up and saying enough is enough.
You ever try being a waiter?

pomf

Right because folks that don't know what they're doing usually are successful...

You know they could have a "healthy" fund because they don't pay out as much. The plan looks like it has gives and takes for costs, but right now it looks like its taking from me more so than giving back. After almost a year (that they knew they were taking over health insurance for PTers) and yet they still don't have a Plan Document available (or even the Summary of that Plan Document) on their website, doesn't inspire too much confidence that they can handle all the PTers. Smells like they may be changing the plan already for next year.

Anyway, at the end of day I will do what I need to do. If that calls for withdrawing from the union to help cover my new health care expenses, so be it. It's not like my vote mattered anyway, or would matter in the future because as long as FTers get status quo it will pass anyway. Especially now since they can just essentially vote for you. I'm responsible for putting food on the table and keeping a roof over my family, not my so called "brothers and sisters" from Teamsters.

Also serving as a waiter is not going to happen. I have a degree in CIS and write software. I'm not a people person. The job market still sucks in some areas compared to others. So I'm just having to deal with it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know they could have a "healthy" fund because they don't pay out as much. The plan looks like it has gives and takes for costs, but right now it looks like its taking from me more so than giving back.

How have you determined that ??

Anyway, at the end of day I will do what I need to do. If that calls for withdrawing from the union to help cover my new health care expenses, so be it.

Nothing is stopping you.

Just remember, don't call us.... when you need something.

I'm responsible for putting food on the table and keeping a roof over my family, not to my so called "brothers and sisters" from Teamsters.

Withdraw from the Union....

And your "brothers and sisters" will feel no obligation to you.

Also serving as a waiter is not going to happen.

It might be, right up your alley.

Non-Union.

-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-55.jpeg
Teamcare covers only the finest physicians....

Xexys

Retired and Happy
As a vet I can assure you that there is not a single vet who ever expected Premium Healthcare. The level of care given at the VA has nothing to do with the inefficient manner in which the agency is run.

The best healthcare that my family and I ever received during my 8 years in the Air Force was the care we received off base. I spent $25 for my daughter to be born and $45 for my son----this was because we wanted a semi-private room, which was extra----and this was done off-base. My daughter had childhood asthma and spent time in the hospital----did not cost me a dime.

My first experience with military medicine was when the dentist "insisted" that he needed to pull all 4 of my wisdom teeth, even though they weren't bothering me.

OMG, we have something in common. While in the Navy, the dentist pulled all my wisdom teeth. Gimme hugs buddy!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Monthly prescription drug cost went from $80 to $18. Not bad in my opinion.

File early, file often.

My first experience with my new prescription plan. I went from $0.00 to $297.00. 97 is for the prescription and the 200 is for my deductible. Yeah, I'm liking this a whole lot. I probably won't get the script, just put it in my wish list cart.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My first experience with my new prescription plan. I went from $0.00 to $297.00. 97 is for the prescription and the 200 is for my deductible. Yeah, I'm liking this a whole lot. I probably won't get the script, just put it in my wish list cart.
Wish list cart....it's funny but it's really not. Thanks Teamcrap!

BrownBrokeDown

Just spoke with a driver 30 mins ago, filled multiple prescriptions at the same time, and first time he had filled under Teamcare. Total bill was $5.00.