A.M. Air vs. P.M. Air - "Which shift do you prefer and why?" - (On topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AlphaMikeBravo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. AlphaMikeBravo

AlphaMikeBravo New Member

What are the pros and cons of each shift?

Which shift is likely to have more hours? or are the hours pretty much equal?

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

By PM Air are you talking about drop boxes?

3. AM shift has more hours.

4. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

You always get more hours in the AM shifts whether its air or preload.

5. Plus maybe running some misloads

6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Am ..cons, there is always morning traffic to deal with .
    PM..pro, After 6pm most of the roads are empty of traffic , downtown areas have plenty of parking spots .

7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Depends upon what type of AM air and PM air and a variety of factors. If you can get an early AM route /shuttle it's the best.

8. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

PM air is less stressful.

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I vacation cover for both AM and PM Air runs. Doing a PM route next week that is cut down to about 2 hours. AM is more stressful but have more opportunities for extra hours with running misloads or shuttling oversize boxes out to the drivers. Some weeks I cover for both an AM driver and later a PM driver.

10. opie

opie Member

In the AM you usually just do early AM delveries and that's it. After you are done with EAM deliveries, extra work like shuttling packages or delivering airs goes by senority. There's more pressure, and it's probably gonna be different stops/areas everyday...PM air is going to be the same pickup stops everyday. With the occasional delivery, shutting package(s) or on demand air pickup. It's less stressful, but you do need to be back on time, so your airs can get on the plane. In my building, you can get more hours on PM than AM. Though it is harder to get a PM spot, as it is typically a 22.3 FT job. Plus not as many drivers. AM there always seems to be a need for drivers.

11. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Most of our AM drivers are 22.3 preload/air driver.

12. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Wow, I don't think I worked less than 7 hours when I did PM air. They always called me in early at 2-3 pm and worked till 1030 pm.