A New Letter Writing Campaign

bbsam

Staff member
And the more OLCCs you brag about, the more obvious that Ground could provide that level of service at a cheaper cost.

thedownhillEXPRESS

MFE

I am truly amazed. I expect you to be more forward thinking than this. It doesn't matter what Express "has always been about". That train left the station long ago. Now it's all about being profitable. If Fred has to throw Express' heavy handed management under the bus, he will do it. Right now he is thinning the ranks. First wave was buyouts, second is attrition, and I can only wonder if just to rub some couriers noses in it if the final wave will be lateral transfers to Ground in a new company driver role.

I mentioned that possibility about a year ago in the thread "Being Reassigned, To Ground!!"

I took some flack for that one but I believe it's more possible than ever.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f50/being-reassigned-ground-344978/

bbsam

Staff member
Why would Ground hire a small number of drivers? Because as FDX employees they could perform pickup functions that Ground contractors and their employees cannot? Too many people caught up in "how things have always been".

MAKAVELI

MFE

I am truly amazed. I expect you to be more forward thinking than this. It doesn't matter what Express "has always been about". That train left the station long ago. Now it's all about being profitable. If Fred has to throw Express' heavy handed management under the bus, he will do it. Right now he is thinning the ranks. First wave was buyouts, second is attrition, and I can only wonder if just to rub some couriers noses in it if the final wave will be lateral transfers to Ground in a new company driver role.
It wouldn't be a transfer if you don't technically work for FedEx. I would take unemployment any day over working at ground.

bbsam

Staff member
But the position would be one Fedex creates as an employee position and it will suck bad enough that many will refuse and resign.

bbsam

Staff member
why would they need you if they're going to create employees positions?
They need me to keep the number of possible unionizing employees sufficiently small that they could never pose any threat. The position would be a glorified package handler in essence and would be as much to thin out the ranks of Express as anything.

bbsam

Staff member
Not surprised ag all. But FDX is not obligated to keep you at your location doing exactly what you are doing, are they? They can change your job duties at will, can they not? As long as it is within the parameters of the requirements, of course.

MAKAVELI

Not surprised ag all. But FDX is not obligated to keep you at your location doing exactly what you are doing, are they? They can change your job duties at will, can they not? As long as it is within the parameters of the requirements, of course.
that doesn't entitle them to legally force a relocation

MAKAVELI

As a matter of fact, it can if the local position is eliminated.
Wrong.Why do you think they spend 600 million on these buyouts if they could have just told them that positions were eliminated and have 90 days to find a position within the company? Because they cant its called and lay off and they would be entitled to unemployment.