A Non-UPS Chairman ?

j13501

I can't remember any active UPS employee being on the Board of Directors in the last 30 years except the CEO and the previous CEO (inactive of course).

Hoax, I'm sure you can't remember active employees on the board because no one every made a big deal about it. Many of the management committee people also served on the BOD.

However, I took the time to google several of the names I mentioned in my post, and here are some of the dates that these people served on our board of directors.
Jim Kelly- 1991 to 2002
John Alden- 1988 to 2000
Cal Darden- 2001 to 2005
Lea Soupota- 1998 to 2005
Mike Eskew - 1998 to current
Oz Nelson - (not sure, but at least from 1989 to 2002
Here's two more I missed in my earlier post:
Bob Clanin (former CFO) 1996 to 2001
Chuck Schaffer (former COO) 1992 to 2001

All of these people were also UPS employees. The board in those days had more employee directors than non-employee directors. Today, we all know it's different. I don't believe the change has been in the best interest of our people.

639OldTimer

Folks, in case you've been sleeping for the last 14 years, this is NOT Jim Casey's Company anymore. Sadly, going public and bringing in outsiders benefits no one unless you're a majority stockholder. All of the Company values, just like the Company itself has gone right down the toilet. I shudder that those who make decisions have NO CLUE about what the real operation is all about. My time is almost up but I still am concerned for those who come after me. It's all about survival of the Company who profits off the labor of the workers. The workers mean nothing anymore to those who didn't grow up as UPS'ers. Wall Street is the only boss they answer to.

island1fox

????

People make alot of Bucks for Delivering Cardboard !!! Profits off the VERY HIGHLY PAID labor of its employees ????--WHOM are also entiltled to own stock and further share in the Benefits !!!