A prayer needed

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dannyboy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Jerry is a retired UPS delivery man. His wife recently took a job at a hospital in Alaska where the guy had been fired from the position.

He came back either Tuesday or Wednesday and killed his former boss. Jerry’s wife was in the next office and tried to hide under the desk. He found her there, and shot her once as she tried to come out and defend herself. The shot hit her in the shoulder and passed out the chest on the other side. She struggled with him as he shot her twice more in the abdomen.

She is currently in ICU. They can not do surgery on her as she will not survive, and they are trying to get her to a better hospital, as the one she is in does not have the ability to deal with severe trauma.

I know there are those of you that don’t believe or feel the need. But there are others of you that I have spoken too……….well you know.

Please keep Jerry and Margaret in your prayers.

d

2. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You have my prayers Danny. What a terrible tragedy.

3. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

What a way to start a new job. My thoughts & prayers are with them also.

4. chev

chev Nightcrawler

:sad-little: Consider it done. May God lay his hands upon her and heal her quickly.

5. evilleace

evilleace Member

Wow what a terrible thing to hear I will keep them in my prayers.

6. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

May God help this poor woman and Jerry !! I will throw out a few Hail Mary's their way !!!!!

7. Big Brown PA Girl

Big Brown PA Girl New Member

They are in my thoughts and prayers as of this moment.

8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

God bless Jerry & Margaret .

9. Channahon

Channahon New Member

My prayers and thoughts will be with Jerry and Margaret. May she have the strength and care she needs to get well.

10. DownsizedUPS'er

DownsizedUPS'er missing my UPS family

May G-d send healing to Margaret, and peace to Jerry. This is a horrible event to happen. I also pray for the family of the man that was killed. May they all have the peace that only G-d can bring. Thank you for letting us know. Please keep us posted on her status and recovery.

11. drewed

drewed Shankman

This happened about 3 weeks ago, she ended up having surgery shortly after and was transfered to Anchorage, where AKs only major trauma center is, several days later, I havent heard any news beyond that about it.

12. dannyboy

Thanks drewed. The first news i heard was this morning. But sometimes news travels so darn slow.

d

13. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

14. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

May God make her healthy and whole again. That was a great story, that came from this tragedy.

15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I will pray that they do get their next 25 yrs!

16. dannyboy

If you listen to the newscast, that is the real Jerry. He was exactly like that all the years I had the pleasure of working with him.

d