A preloaders revenge.

rod

Retired 22 years
100% true...especially with irregs...and that used to drive me nuts seeing that. Either load it in the truck or put it up on the slide. No bulk should be partially blocking the egress in and out of the trucks.

That's funny. I recall usually three days out of five having to enter my truck through the bulkhead door because there was a mountain of stuff stacked up behind it. I didn't really mind. I was paid by the hour- I was always parked behind a door post so I couldn't get out until the trucks along side of me left anyway- and the fact that if I loaded it I knew where it was (most of the time).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's funny. I recall usually three days out of five having to enter my truck through the bulkhead door because there was a mountain of stuff stacked up behind it. I didn't really mind. I was paid by the hour- I was always parked behind a door post so I couldn't get out until the trucks along side of me left anyway- and the fact that if I loaded it I knew where it was (most of the time).
Seeing it frustrated the hell out of me because I didnt load like that....maybe a irreg here and there, but not every piece of bulk stacked outside my trucks.
And most days I'd be told to go help this kid or that one....and I'm reorganizing and loading his bulk hanging outside his trucks because it's an egress issue and someone could get hurt.

W

What The Hawk?

Really? And how many days have you worked preload?
None. Haven't started yet. That is no excuse to act like a child. Kinda shows his mentality while he was working. If 3 drivers AND management have a problem with you, maybe you're the problem. Even if I was treated this way I'd never do that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
None. Haven't started yet. That is no excuse to act like a child. Kinda shows his mentality while he was working. If 3 drivers AND management have a problem with you, maybe you're the problem. Even if I was treated this way I'd never do that.
You will quickly learn this job isn't for everyone.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know its not for everyone. I also know messing someone's loads up because they didn't like you isn't very professional nor appropriate.
No it isn't professional or appropriate. And I can name (almost) on one hand, name how many hourlies and management people conduct themselves professionally in a UPS preload. It was completely idiotic. But, I'm going to guess that the drivers got what they had coming.

W

What The Hawk?

And my point was....he never worked here....hence his opinion on someone being a crappy preloader is meaningless.
My point was that he was being childish and MAYBE he wasnt a good preloader which is why 3 drivers and management didnt like him. I dont have to work here to know a :censored2: when I see one (hear about one). I also understand your point. I probably will encounter drivers who don't like me. And I will handle those drivers with a professional and optimistic attitude. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: