A Question about UPSPAC

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Limper, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

As a driver, I think I understand what UPSPAC tries to accomplish: influence lawmakers to be more favorable to UPS, help steer legislation, change votes on vital bills, etc.

Here's my question: why aren't drivers asked to contribute just like the partners? Maybe 8 of so years ago, our center manager asked all of us to write letters to our Congressmen about a piece of transportation legislation, and most of us did it. But in 15 years of PCM's, I don't remember UPSPAC come up even once.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Since your dues to the Teamster's are used for the same purpose, it would not make sense.

3. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

Hoaxster, you're not saying UPS interests and union interests are one in the same?
    There are those of us that are able to actually think independently, and are concerned about issues of competitiveness.

4. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

You and I both know they didn't ASK anyone to write those letters.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

He is saying why pay twice for the same thing.

6. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Not true. You have to 'opt in' to D.R.I.V.E. (Democrat Republican Independent Voter Education), which is a solely separate contribution used for political purposes.

DRIVE | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

7. Monkey Butt

8. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

"opt-in" and union..those two things don't go together up this way. Though if they did, the union would be a bit more streamlined. ;D

10. Monkey Butt

I don't know.

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Drivers were asked to contribute a while back. The company mailed us a packet with a DVD. Don't ask me what was on the DVD.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And I still told them they could put that letter where the sun don't shine.