A question..

BrownNinjaz

I work at Chelmsford, MA and my position is loading and I wanted to be an unloader because I am fast which I am that's where I am good at. I don't know how this work, but am I permanent loader or..

Sorry for asking questions... people are annoyed by it that I receive some bad comments...'
I am new , that's alll.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I work at Chelmsford, MA and my position is loading and I wanted to be an unloader because I am fast which I am that's where I am good at. I don't know how this work, but am I permanent loader or..

Sorry for asking questions... people are annoyed by it that I receive some bad comments...'
I am new , that's alll.

Are you afraid to talk to your supervisor? You need to start there. No one here could possibly answer a question like that, which is why you will get ripped by every smartass on here.

helenofcalifornia

Loading takes awhile to get the hang of it especially with all the zip codes you have to learn. How many days do you have in again? Everyone wants to load where all you do is mindless work with no real thinking involved. Like grg...days, talk to your supe and see what is said.

JonFrum

If asking doesn't get results, you can eventually resort to invoking this Contract language:

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 4.
The following will be incorporated into the job selection procedures in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum:

The Employer will fill all vacancies and permanent new jobs for part-time employees from the part-time selection list in all months except November and December.

Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shall have the right to place their name on the list of employees waiting to be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferred jobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical, Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader and Unloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specific unit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been established.

Part-time employees with less than six (6) months seniority shall have the right to bid a preferred job prior to the Employer hiring from off-the-street.

A maximum of twenty-five percent (25%) of the employees on a shift shall be allowed to change shifts in any one (1) calendar year. The employee obtaining the new position shall remain on that shift for at least six (6) months.

wyo_john

I worked unload for 2 months, then one day I went to my supervisor and asked if I could try out loading for a few days. Next day I was loading, and have been ever since.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No reason to even answer the question as it's already determined he is nothing more than a temp helper. If the company wanted to hire him, he'd have been hired with the 50 others that were hired PERMANENTLY in the past 6 months in the hub.

Infact, he can't begin work until Oct 1st anyway, which is ironic and funny because he's already showing the sense of entitlement and spoiling of trying to get what he wants inside the operation without having worked a day yet.

Anyway, awkward to hear the word "permanent" in this case.

Have fun with this one!.

I am new , that's alll.
I think you should put your letter in for part-supervisor.

BrownNinjaz

Are you afraid to talk to your supervisor? You need to start there. No one here could possibly answer a question like that, which is why you will get ripped by every smartass on here.

I don't have a supervisor yet because this is my first week. However, I will talk to my supervisor once I meet him. Smartass? I think people on here are dumb for making fun of my English. Teachers say I am a good writer.. I do make minor errors though. I don't know why people makes fun of my English on here, they're so strict I reckon. This is the only forum where people make fun of my English. I know the fact that I am annoying.. I got that on facebook from some people, ouch. That hurts.

I take exception to that comment, I consider myself to be a pretty good smartass and I had no thought of ripping Lugo.
:raspberry-tounge:

over9five

Staff member
You guys are bad! Jumping all over a new member.
No more mentioning spelling until the new member reaches 11,556 posts!

Welcom to BrownCafe, Lugo! Don't let 'em get you down!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And in 6 months, you'll be the legacy!!!

In certain minds I already am.

I am taking an "I don't want to get soaking wet" day today which can only help my post count.:wink2: We are expected to get 2-5" of rain by tomorrow morning so I will be a nice guy and let one of my cover drivers get some hours today. I am working Saturday so today will be a nice (dry) break.