A rant about loading, unloading and carelessness

Future

Victory Ride
MJ-WITH-BUBBLES-OUTSIDE-OF-COURT--44969.jpg
Ooooo Myyyy!

watdaflock?

I started reading it but after about the second paragraph I scrolled down, LOL'ed and realized I need another beer.

Dude- ever play Tetris? Same idea for preload.
Get the damn box close. Right in large letters the # on the box.
Don't mix RDR and RDL bulk together.

Oh yea, don't misload.

The end.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I started reading it but after about the second paragraph I scrolled down, LOL'ed and realized I need another beer.

Dude- ever play Tetris? Same idea for preload.
Get the damn box close. Right in large letters the # on the box.
Don't mix RDR and RDL bulk together.

Oh yea, don't misload.

The end.
The OP loads trailers not PC's....I think. I didn't read his whole novella.

watdaflock?

The OP loads trailers not PC's....I think. I didn't read his whole novella.
oops. But yea....I've seen some pretty jacked up boxes coming down the belt.
The company who ordered a dozen new monitors ended up sending three back...top it off I was questioned for loading damaged.
(whatever...)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
oops. But yea....I've seen some pretty jacked up boxes coming down the belt.
The company who ordered a dozen new monitors ended up sending three back...top it off I was questioned for loading damaged.
(whatever...)
If it's obviously damaged, I won't load it. But handling each box carefully on a satin pillow like the OP suggests? Pleeeease....

oldngray

nowhere special
If it's obviously damaged, I won't load it. But handling each box carefully on a satin pillow like the OP suggests? Pleeeease....

Not loading damaged packages is something most of my preloaders could never understand. The sups pressured them to load everything just to get it out of the building. It wouldn't matter how many times I tried to explain or yell they would still keep doing it.

MeltedSnowman

First thing I was told when I finished training and was assigned my to my belt.

"forget everything you learned in training"

and

"don't stand on boxes"

That's about it, everything else goes. When the flow is light (LOL) you can mess around making perfect walls. When the flow is heavy (LOL) chuck that :censored2: in the trailer and move on. I can't wait until they tell me to go home for good!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not loading damaged packages is something most of my preloaders could never understand. The sups pressured them to load everything just to get it out of the building. It wouldn't matter how many times I tried to explain or yell they would still keep doing it.
Oh I'll get lip sometimes from my PT sup...well, just put tape on it. I could put a whole roll of tape...the box still looks like someone jumped up and down on it for 10 mins....would you want to deliver that? I just leave it outside the truck and let the driver refuse to take it.

MeltedSnowman

I would feel strange about quitting this close to the end. I said I would work peak and that's what I plan on doing. Besides, I finally got my time card last week so I feel official now.

J

jibbs

At least he's sticking it out. A dozen seasonals quit from just my center...we have 2 left....one is good and one is a lazy sack.

Most of the seasonals just :censored2: everything up in my center.

There's a few that are awesome, but I'd say at least half of the ones I've worked around aren't worth the $11.50 they're making every hour (just my opinion, of course).

Eh, if he adds UPS to his resume it might not matter much to anyone, but it always does look better to be let go for not having enough work to do than quitting to most employers.

100% right. However, working with people that don't want to be there has a tendency to :censored2: over morale inside the building faster and ultimately worse than it usually happens. I truthfully don't give a :censored2: about adding a highlight to a resume`. I just want to have simple days without extra BS, you know? Picking up the slack for a disgruntled employee falls under that category, imo (the extra BS one).

[Disclaimer: I'm making some assumptions here and I know it. My apologies if they don't apply to your particular case, Snowman.]