A real shame

The anti-depressants are huge on that part, but that's a different issue.

We are more in agreement than I thought however, how you said regarding the depression and the attention grabbing ones, they usually knew what they were doing and never considered what effect their actions would take.

My point is, why does someone who takes his own life deserve respect or pity? They took the easy way out, ignoring consequence.

Of course there are exceptions, but barring medical reasoning, they just plain punked out.
I used to think the same way you do. Then I grew a brain and learned something beyond my own understanding. I don't think anyone should respect someone who commits suicide. I do pity them because they have reached the end of their personal rope(no pun intended).
I think you are minimizing the situation when you say it is the "easy way out". I can't think of a decision anyone could make that would be harder.
I don't know if it's so you don't have to admit that some people aren't what you think they should be or that everyone should be as strong as you think you are.
Have you every had a long serious talk with anyone that fought and , for the most part, defeated deep depression? Well, I have, more than one. Some with drugs, some with faith. I sure do not understand suicide, I can't even imagine anything happening in my life that would make me want to kill myself. People are all different, with different experiences, levels of faith, various levels of teaching for childhood on. Then there are the clinical depressed and that is a whole other subject.

gostillerz

I used to think the same way you do. Then I grew a brain and learned something beyond my own understanding. I don't think anyone should respect someone who commits suicide. I do pity them because they have reached the end of their personal rope(no pun intended).
I think you are minimizing the situation when you say it is the "easy way out". I can't think of a decision anyone could make that would be harder.
I don't know if it's so you don't have to admit that some people aren't what you think they should be or that everyone should be as strong as you think you are.
Have you every had a long serious talk with anyone that fought and , for the most part, defeated deep depression? Well, I have, more than one. Some with drugs, some with faith. I sure do not understand suicide, I can't even imagine anything happening in my life that would make me want to kill myself. People are all different, with different experiences, levels of faith, various levels of teaching for childhood on. Then there are the clinical depressed and that is a whole other subject.

That's what I'm trying to say. The drug side effect and clinical depression patients do no apply here.

I know one who says he's going to kill himself every other day. I got sick of hearing it (he lived with me for 2 years). I gave him a chef's knife and said "do it then". He pouted for 5 minutes, then grabbed a beer. The guy wants attention. There are different circumstances, but the root cause is usually the same.

P

pickup

There is no circumstance or reason large enough to justify ending ones own life.[/QUOTE]

For your own well being, I hope you always feel this way. But sadly, a lot of people don't see it this way when taking their lives. You don't know what put these people in this state of mind and I hope you never do.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Anti depressants are a strange thing. The very thing which could help you can also make you suicidal. And it is quite a cocktail sometimes to help find the balance for someone with a true chemical imbalance aka clinical depression.

I wont comment more, just to anyone reading, please if you feel like everyone would be better off, and you just cant take anymore, please seek help. If after getting some help you still feel the same, get more. Sometimes it takes quite a while to get the perfect combo. You will do it for every other disease, do it for this one. Every day, day by day, it will get better, if you give up, you lose.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Anti depressants are a strange thing. The very thing which could help you can also make you suicidal. And it is quite a cocktail sometimes to help find the balance for someone with a true chemical imbalance aka clinical depression.

I wont comment more, just to anyone reading, please if you feel like everyone would be better off, and you just cant take anymore, please seek help. If after getting some help you still feel the same, get more. Sometimes it takes quite a while to get the perfect combo. You will do it for every other disease, do it for this one. Every day, day by day, it will get better, if you give up, you lose.
+1

That's what I'm trying to say. The drug side effect and clinical depression patients do no apply here.

I know one who says he's going to kill himself every other day. I got sick of hearing it (he lived with me for 2 years). I gave him a chef's knife and said "do it then". He pouted for 5 minutes, then grabbed a beer. The guy wants attention. There are different circumstances, but the root cause is usually the same.
The person you describe is not suicidal, he is a maroon feeling sorry for himself. Not the same thing. A good case could be made that a person that actually goes through with ending their life is indeed clinically depressed. Suicide is an end to perceived unchangeable situations. The problem is, the depressed is incapable of seeing any other option.