A really Good Friday!

DS

Fenderbender
One positive thing banks,schools etc are all closed.
Oh yea and the usual clo mon places,like hair salons fish n chip shops.
(Never understood why)

UPSGUY72

What a great friday. They cut routes at the last second including the easy split route I have been doing all week. I got stuck on on a route made up of the business section of one route and the whole other route plus. I left the building 25 minutes late with 200 stops and 400 packages stuffed in a P800. 40 stops over dispatch. I had 16 air stops didn't make the last one so I had 6 late airs that I made sure I called in before I left the building. So much for saving money after they payed me OT and had to refund the 6 late airs.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had one bulk stop closed on my whole area for the holiday. They have anywhere from 15 to 80 parcels per day. UPS compensated me with 25 extra residential stops to make up for it. Seems a fair trade. NOT!

iowa boy

What a great friday. They cut routes at the last second including the easy split route I have been doing all week. I got stuck on on a route made up of the business section of one route and the whole other route plus. I left the building 25 minutes late with 200 stops and 400 packages stuffed in a P800. 40 stops over dispatch. I had 16 air stops didn't make the last one so I had 6 late airs that I made sure I called in before I left the building. So much for saving money after they payed me OT and had to refund the 6 late airs.

But damn, I bet they will look good on paper Monday morning.

upsman68

I always take a week of vacation on the week Good Friday. I like to go to church and never seemed to make it. Also my kids are off school so I get to spend one day with them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
we are a 56 car center,and y/day they cut 10 routes because 'volume will be down'............i worked 10 1/2 hours and there were still people out when i came in

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
130 stops, 325 pkgs. One known closure pulled from car. No send agains thanks to a lot of indirecting. Beautiful day--low 50's and sunny. Got a few pickups left and will be punched out and gone by 1830. Left over Papa John's pizza, Coors light and Celtics basketball.
My On-car asked if I wanted to drive after working preload. Nope, didn't bring my browns. I'm on vacation. :happy-very:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
My On-car asked if I wanted to drive after working preload. Nope, didn't bring my browns. I'm on vacation. :happy-very:

I love it! They always know how to make your day, week longer the week before you go on vacation. Screw them, they dont do any of us any favors, why should I?

UPSGUY72

I love it! They always know how to make your day, week longer the week before you go on vacation. Screw them, they dont do any of us any favors, why should I?

That's why I either take a personal day or call in a day before vacation. But I didn't say that.

guinness413

..so our center is usually @ 55 routes,we went down to 40 because of Passover(our center is one of the hubs of Orthodox Judaism and is home to one of the largest yeshivas in the world.)...anyway..i go to put my lunch box in my truck and guess what?..its empty.....i have 23 years in,been on my route for 11...i have maybe 5 closed stops for Passover...and MY ROUTE GETS ELIMINATED?...wtf..so anyway,i go to punch in and act like i didnt see my truck yet..boss says "hey you can start your vacation early!(im off this coming week)..im like what do you mean?..and the On Car and Cnt mgr both pull me aside...to tell me my route has been combined with another wholesale route in a different town....and they thought i would go home..i was like nope,im working I want my 8....so they start to scramble knowing well that i would bang the royal crap out of whatever they put me on..they start asking a bunch of guys to go home,of course they get some scums to go,and i get a nice retail route in my town..the regular guy does 170 with a UPS store pick up @ 600 ,and is done by 630...i had 160 ,i gave an 845 ETA,they were scared because they had no help(they sent everyone home or out over dispatched)..they took off the UPS pick up,i get done at 800 and my boss thanks me for a good job,says they were "watching me" online and observing me on route...if nobody volunteered to go home friday,they would have had 15 guys pushing brooms for 8 hours,but our center has ZERO will power to stick together....