A Really Trivial Thing That Bothers Me

O

over9five

I hate people who just ignore you when youre trying to get thru a door with a bunch of packages, but....
...sometimes well-meaning people actually slow you down when trying to help!

T

toonertoo

Casey, that was sarcasm, referring to people in new vehicles who cant figure out how to use them? Or because they think they dont need to as they are superior people.

I love when some guy comes and takes the pkgs as "they must be too heavy for you sweety" and about falls over with the weight of them!

Yes they are too heavy for me come out and get the rest.........LOL

R

red

If I had a nickle for every time someone asked me directions I'd be a rich man. IF I see a confused looking person with a wrinkled piece of paper in thier hand I make a run for it and hit the gas!

As for people thinking you're speeding when you're not because of the engine noise, my center manager gave me advice (off the record, of course) that works like a charm: With a manual transmission, put it in 4th gear when you've reached your cruising speed of 25mph or whatever and the sound of the low rpms will keep 'em from calling that 800# with a speeding complaint.

I used to love how when someone would be yelling at me for speeding (when I wasn't), their buddy that lives down the street would be racing by, well above the speed limit, and they would get a wave and a smile. Those days are over

C

casey_in_ks

oooohhhhh... sarcasm... I must have been half asleep when I read your post.

W

wily_old_vet

Tooner-I so agree about turn signals but it just fits into everything else. We're mind readers. That's how we know what's in the pkgs and that they are going to turn.

Y

yeldarb

I remember a time once I was delivering a bowflex with my air, to give myself more room, so I was pressed for time, and of course the people werent home, so I was carrying them to the back door one by one, since If I used a handcart, I would be trucking them across the grass, and on about the 4th package, I saw them looking out the window at me. I was a little irritated and just left the rest on their porch.

V

vet

Remember when outdoor 'motion lights' just came out? I had some big ol' pkgs for a customer; got so frustrated when they wouldn't answer the door. I just knew they were home--- they turned on the light!

T

toonertoo

How about when some nitwit crunches the holder for your stylus,(then it is ruined) and everyone after that keeps pushing on it when it wont go in, instead of looking at WHAT THE HE** THEY ARE DOING!!!!
Or when they flip it around a million times to sign, and try to decide which end of the stylus to use!!!!!
And then the screen goes off, so you turn it back on reposition it, hold it for them, and your wrist gets numb as they act like they have never signed their name before!!!

I also hate it when someone pulls me over or stops me in the middle of the road, to ask where something is. I just usually tell them that I am geographically challenged, and I dont think you can get there from here.

(Message edited by toonertoo on April 11, 2005)

(Message edited by toonertoo on April 11, 2005)

U

ups_gal_710

hey over9five and rushfan,

I used both of your "comments on where the reg driver was" and I can you believe the library ladies fell for it.

You know that small town will be buzzing by the time he gets back.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow my route will be back in worked till 9:22 tonight.

S

sendagain

You go up to a house and ring the bell, leaving the package at the door and hearing the occupants moving around. You are in the truck starting to pull away when they answer the door and stare at you wondering why you are leaving. You then must stop and point down so they will see the package inches from their feet.

T

toonertoo

And then the ones who wait til you get back in the truck and wave their cane out the door and ask you to move it inside. Dont mind doing it, but they know we are coming why not leave a note that says "UPS, give me a moment I am disabled"

Or the ones who just stand at the door with their pit bull, door wide open for him to charge and wont step out to meet you. I slammed the door shut on a guy last week who wouldnt close his door, and got him locked out of his own house, that was too funny!!

C

casey_in_ks

OMG I rang the doorbell at an apartment one time and this guy answers the door with 2 rotweilers. He had the dogs by their collar and they were barking and lunging toward me. I just froze. His wife came to help and told me that they were going to have to put the dogs in the bathroom. Somehow they pushed the door shut and came back to the door. She signed for the package, apoligized and I went back to my truck to "clean my shorts". Then I got mad. I'm glad to be alive today.

D

double_standard

I picked up a package at a resi once,and the sweet old lady wanted to know if I would be the one delivering it.She says will you be going straight there with it ? I told her that it was going straight to the airport.(it was going to Vancouver from Southern Ontario)...how productive would that be,pick up a pkg,deliver it...I could use the drive...p800sonic

U

uconn

After struggling to get up some stairs with one of those oversized workout machines, a man, who only stood there and watched replied "Boy I hope that thing works" . I shot back " I guarantee it works, I just lost four pounds lugging it up your steps. I dont think he was amused.

S

spidey

My all time favorite: No knock, No bell concerns. The customer calls in, says driver didn't knock or ring the doorbell. They were standing by the open door, personal stylus in hand, waiting for their QVC. Yep, drivers wait till you move away from the door, crouch down under the window and EVER so gently place the info notice on your door. They WANT to bring your Ab Lounge back tomorrow. Paid by the piece, you know... Most of the drivers, You'd think it was the DEA beating on your door.

T

toonertoo

Stand to the side not the front of the door, in many of my neighborhoods, it usually is the DEA beating on the door!!