A sad conversation with my helper today...

rod

Retired 22 years
ALL of those shows are scripted :sick:
I agree. The only one I watch for the most part is American Pickers. I enjoy seeing all the old stuff they uncover. I realize they are in it for the money but I still cringe when they screw some little old couple out of somthing that they will more than triple their price on. Especially fat Frank---he is heartless. I visited their place In LeClaire Iowa and the price they ask for that stuff is outragous

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
A lot of people are losing their coverage, jobs and lots more to come because of Obamacare. Btw, got a tip on the radio about January. Tip came in from a daughter to another daughter that works in the pentagon. That things are going to get very bad in this country. Whatever it is, God help us. The other said, to stock up on food and water, and I would say ammo/ guns in my opinion.

Vet, your doing these things because your a good and honest person. We lack people like this, nowadays.

Returntosender

A lot of people are losing their coverage, jobs and lots more to come because of Obamacare. Btw, got a tip on the radio about January. Tip came in from a daughter to another daughter that works in the pentagon. That things are going to get very bad in this country. Whatever it is, God help us. The other said, to stock up on food and water, and I would say ammo/ guns in my opinion.

Vet, your doing these things because your a good and honest person. We lack people like this, nowadays.
It's going to become like UPS, just do as directed. By the way stock up on food and water ammo in the city. The Obama army will just encircle the town deny entry of supplies and let the residents fight amongst themselves for supplies.

whiskers

I have respect for you Marne Vet. I have the same kind of soft spot for people. There's a coworker that is out on short term disability that I'm gonna try and help out. Now that I've been driving for about 2 weeks now I've made far more money than I need to pay my bills. I feel a need to pay it forward. It's a great feeling helping others when you can.

... Or maybe it's the Army values that's in us. selfless service.

wayfair

swollen member
The helper I got, I'm willing to help out... he's 21, has a child with one on the way... today he found a 20 bill on route... later he told me his girl's Mom was fixing to pawn something for gas money during the day until his find... maybe a good investment.?.?

FedExRookie

I would think that a nurse could get a job just about anywhere. Maybe with your pull you could get him a job in the hub (if you work out of a hub) or the center. You can not solve everyone's problems.

I have a aunt who moved from DC to Texas, and she says nurses are being moved to 'temp' services. You can get your hours once you get in, but you'll be bouncing from place to place, the trick is getting in though :/

She use to be pretty stable, just seems since the 'great recession', a lot of RN positions have gone temp.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The helper I got, I'm willing to help out... he's 21, has a child with one on the way... today he found a 20 bill on route... later he told me his girl's Mom was fixing to pawn something for gas money during the day until his find... maybe a good investment.?.?
Sounds like a box of condoms would help him more than anything.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hearing stories of your good doing makes me gain a little more faith in this world. I may not have the money to spare to give the homeless, but I have plenty of time to help out on the weekends and have literally spent about 30 hours searching for ways to volunteer my free time. I helped box food at a food distribution thing for catholic charities on Sat, over 7000 boxes of food were made, for about 950 families. I'm registered with the red cross as a disaster volunteer (I helped out with the CO floods this year for 3.5 weeks), got an interview to be a zoo docent this wed, if I get it I start in Jan and this Sat I'm helping out at another food distribution thing. If I'm not volunteering i'm either taking care of business or i'm playing on my computer. the first is a good use but not occurring often, the second is a waste of time so I try to find better ways to use it.

You don't need money to make the world a better place. random fact about me, I completed over 2100 hours of volunteer service between Feb 5, 2013 and Nov 14th, 2013, I technically wasn't paid although this was a sort of job (Americorps NCCC), although I did get a living stipend of $160 every 2 weeks but I helped a lot of people and gained valuable exp to put on my resume.
Word good for you dude. Couldnt agree more.

hyena

Hearing stories of your good doing makes me gain a little more faith in this world. I may not have the money to spare to give the homeless, but I have plenty of time to help out on the weekends and have literally spent about 30 hours searching for ways to volunteer my free time. I helped box food at a food distribution thing for catholic charities on Sat, over 7000 boxes of food were made, for about 950 families. I'm registered with the red cross as a disaster volunteer (I helped out with the CO floods this year for 3.5 weeks), got an interview to be a zoo docent this wed, if I get it I start in Jan and this Sat I'm helping out at another food distribution thing. If I'm not volunteering i'm either taking care of business or i'm playing on my computer. the first is a good use but not occurring often, the second is a waste of time so I try to find better ways to use it.

You don't need money to make the world a better place. random fact about me, I completed over 2100 hours of volunteer service between Feb 5, 2013 and Nov 14th, 2013, I technically wasn't paid although this was a sort of job (Americorps NCCC), although I did get a living stipend of $160 every 2 weeks but I helped a lot of people and gained valuable exp to put on my resume.
When i started at UPS I had already been living in a homeless shelter for about two months. Nobody at my center knows this except for a couple people. I remember getting harassed for not donating to United Way now that im a driver I always donate a little to try to give back. Hearing stories like yours and Marnevets makes me realize that theres still good people out there!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wonder if he tried applying at Mcdonslds, Burger King, Subway, and those places. In my experience, jobs are easy to get, people are either: not applying themselves, lazy, or arrogant. I'll never in my life help a man whom I think isn't helping his self.