A sad day in Cincinnati

Lobofan5

We lost one of our beloved, long term drivers yesterday..he passed away at home yesterday morning before work.

He was only 55.

Our lives will never be the same. Such a loss for his family and UPS.

This post is for you JM, thanks for being who you were.

LOBO. I do truly feel your pain. Just last week we buried one of our (just retired with 31 years safe driving) fellow drivers.
May God hold their souls in the palms of His hands.

browniehound

News like this truly does suck. I feel bad for his family and a little bit more for him. Not knowing him but knowing he was a UPSer means he worked his tail off day after day, year after year.

We all do it in the hope of kicking back on our back lawns sipping lemonade and watching the grass grow someday. This is why UPS is so great.

Its sad to hear when someone falls short of obtaining this lifetime goal.:dissapointed:

Pasaholic

Aren't we going a little overboard with all the sobing over the death of a fellow Upser, instead of feeling sorry for ourselfs try to celebrate his life and be greatful he lived as long as he did.
Death is part of life

Lobofan5

Aren't we going a little overboard with all the sobing over the death of a fellow Upser, instead of feeling sorry for ourselfs try to celebrate his life and be greatful he lived as long as he did.
Death is part of life

I don't think anyone, at all, is feeling sorry for 'themselves' in any of these posts.

Jesus.

satellitedriver

Death is part of life
No Pas, we are not going "overboard".
Lamentation is not sobbing.
All of the posts seem to show a sense of loss and sympathy for his family.
The celebration of his life will be conducted by his family and all the people his life touched.
I think we feel the loss of one of our own and only wish strength for his family.
I did not know the man, but I can relate to how his death can effect others.
And yes, life should be celebrated, daily.
PAX

lost

No Pas, we are not going "overboard".
Lamentation is not sobbing.
All of the posts seem to show a sense of loss and sympathy for his family.
The celebration of his life will be conducted by his family and all the people his life touched.
I think we feel the loss of one of our own and only wish strength for his family.
I did not know the man, but I can relate to how his death can effect others.
And yes, life should be celebrated, daily.
PAX

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
The same thing happened in my center a awhile back, a driver in his early 40's did not show up for work. He was 1 of those guys that usually came in early to BS over a coffee and avoid the school bus traffic. We were told there was no answer at his home and a call to his wife at her work did not reveal anything. She said he was up before she went to work @ 6:00. Some management person went to his house & his truck was in the driveway. No answer to the knock on the door and you can figure out the rest. He had suffered a fatal heart attack. He was one of those rare individuals that didn't complain and never would run anyone down. The hardest part of loosing him was having to make a delivery to his wife's work. She was the manager so you would usually see her & vice versa. She would want to talk because the uniform reminded her of him and you would both be in tears when you left!