A simple hello.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sorter, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Sorter

Sorter That guy.

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for quite some time and decided that I needed to get with the program and become a member of the Brown Cafe community.

A little background:

I have been employed at UPS for a year. I work on the sort aisle at a medium-sized hub in Texas. So far, I have experienced more good times than bad. I (for the most part) enjoy my job, my co-workers, and even my bosses...

I have aspirations of becoming a package car driver. I have high expectations of making UPS my career in life...at least for a long time.

For all you negative-types: Mock me if you will but I just might be one of the few that doesn't really have that much to complain about. No offense. Sure, the wages could be much better but I get a pretty nice workout, decent benefits, and the satisfaction of a good (half) day's work.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here at the Cafe'.

:peaceful: - The Sorter
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Diegotron

Diegotron Hater

3. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Welcome Sorter, it's nice to have another Texan on board.
  4. Capt_Matt

Capt_Matt ADDIL

Welcome to Brown Hell!
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Welcome aboard. That's how I started 35 years ago myself.
    It's been a long, strange trip it's been (Grateful Dead song).
    Hope things work out for you.
  6. cino321

cino321 Active Member

I see you are sporting the same haircut as Jerry too in your avatar.... haha.

I'm just teasing, I'm a big dead fan.
  7. WyoBrown

WyoBrown New Member

Welcome! I for one love to hear that you're happy and liking your work, attitude is everything :)
  8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for registering, and I would like to officially welcome you as a member! I hope you join in the discussions, you sound like you will be an asset to our little online community.:happy2:
  9. bellesotico

bellesotico BOXstar

It's no fun for the negative types if you tell them to mock you...
    And if you have been at UPS for a year with not really much to complain about either you have read everyone else's complaints and vented vicariously through them or they already got your soul...lol..

Just kidding :)
    Welcome! :happy2:
  10. Sorter

Sorter That guy.

They may break my body, but they can never take my soul!

11. sx2700

sx2700 Banned

If they can profit from it, they'll do both.
  12. bellesotico

bellesotico BOXstar

Right on!:punk:
  13. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Welcome Sorter!

Don't worry about the "negative-types". They are simply the louder minority.

It is the UPS way to complain about your job, I think we all have done it. But if we really didn't like it, we'd quit, right?

Keep posting!
  14. cgrant55

cgrant55 New Member

I honestly dont think I could have put it any better myself. I second all of your thoughts Sorter. How old are you if I may ask.
  15. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

Howdy to you, Sorter.
    Welcome aboard and make Texas proud of ya.
  16. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

17. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Me too. Glad to hear we still have time to decide.
  18. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

Welcome Sorter. Like your attitude.
  19. DS

DS Fenderbender

yo noob, being a driver is not for everyone,if youve been lurking her you already knew that.Glad to meet you.yall come back now y'hear
  20. DS

DS Fenderbender