A simple hello.

Sorter

That guy.
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around for quite some time and decided that I needed to get with the program and become a member of the Brown Cafe community.

A little background:

I have been employed at UPS for a year. I work on the sort aisle at a medium-sized hub in Texas. So far, I have experienced more good times than bad. I (for the most part) enjoy my job, my co-workers, and even my bosses...

I have aspirations of becoming a package car driver. I have high expectations of making UPS my career in life...at least for a long time.

For all you negative-types: Mock me if you will but I just might be one of the few that doesn't really have that much to complain about. No offense. Sure, the wages could be much better but I get a pretty nice workout, decent benefits, and the satisfaction of a good (half) day's work.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay here at the Cafe'.

:peaceful: - The Sorter

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Welcome aboard. That's how I started 35 years ago myself.
It's been a long, strange trip it's been (Grateful Dead song).
Hope things work out for you.

cino321

Welcome aboard. That's how I started 35 years ago myself.
It's been a long, strange trip it's been (Grateful Dead song).
Hope things work out for you.

I see you are sporting the same haircut as Jerry too in your avatar.... haha.

I'm just teasing, I'm a big dead fan.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sorter,
Thanks for registering, and I would like to officially welcome you as a member! I hope you join in the discussions, you sound like you will be an asset to our little online community.:happy2:

bellesotico

BOXstar
For all you negative-types: Mock me if you will but I just might be one of the few that doesn't really have that much to complain about.

It's no fun for the negative types if you tell them to mock you...
And if you have been at UPS for a year with not really much to complain about either you have read everyone else's complaints and vented vicariously through them or they already got your soul...lol..

Just kidding :)
Welcome! :happy2:

over9five

Staff member
Welcome Sorter!

Don't worry about the "negative-types". They are simply the louder minority.

It is the UPS way to complain about your job, I think we all have done it. But if we really didn't like it, we'd quit, right?

Keep posting!

cgrant55

I honestly dont think I could have put it any better myself. I second all of your thoughts Sorter. How old are you if I may ask.

Re-Raise

Welcome Sorter!

It is the UPS way to complain about your job, I think we all have done it. But if we really didn't like it, we'd quit, right?

I have two daughters who play a lot of sports and it was a running joke before their games I would tell them to 'remember you aren't quitters ' and they would answer ' yeah we are just complainers'

I just joined this site two days ago also, 22 years at UPS, still not sure about making a career out of it either

DS

Fenderbender
yo noob, being a driver is not for everyone,if youve been lurking her you already knew that.Glad to meet you.yall come back now y'hear

DS

Fenderbender
Welcome Sorter!

I just joined this site two days ago also, 22 years at UPS, still not sure about making a career out of it either
Well you finally found us .Whats this? your first computer?
after 22 years you will be a total asset here with your experience,and of course,all the stories.
Welcome Re-Raise:happy-very: