A Steward's responsibility

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UniteandWin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. UniteandWin

UniteandWin Active Member

When I read the these topics, it is impossible for me to believe there are a lot of active stewards on this forum. I honestly do not have time to run down other teamsters whether they H/H or Z/S supporters or campaign for either. I don't know about you guys but Ups is coming down like a hammer on members. Harassment, discharges, OJS 's so on and so on. Preparation for cases, hearings, panels takes up my spare time, which is I am very proud to do. When a member comes to me with a problem, I certainly don't ask "who are supporting for General President" . I think maybe a new forum should be created " Union members helping other Union Members". The current forum is a mud slinging contest, that ups laughs at. If thats your thing whatever, but when a new member looks at this forum titled Union issues, do you think they think "wow what solidarity" . Just my opinion

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Beer Beer x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I only read the ones not associated with the elections
  3. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

I read your whole post and didn't understand any of it.
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We need another Amazon thread.
  5. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

If you believed this forum, the APWA was going to oust the Teamsters 8 or so years ago. TDU is the same way. All bark no bite.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  6. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

"As brothers, we may fight among ourselves. But we shall present a united front against any attack from the outside and we shall never surrender our birthright to fight against all odds in the service of our Brotherhood." - James R. H
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

Its simple to figure out who the members support.......if they want to file grievences and follow the contract they probably support h.....if they cry behind your back and say your not doing anything.....and then you confront them and they say they don't want to file to put a target on there back..and then the next day they say the union did nothing..they are probably supporting Fred z
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

The sad (embarrassing) facts, of Teamster life.

But, you never give up.

There might be some redeeming qualities left.... in members like that.

9. UniteandWin

UniteandWin Active Member

Ok then. Lol. Liked the James R. Hoffa quote though

Sent using BrownCafe App