A test for old kids

Discussion in 'Lighten UPS' started by Hoaxster, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

This is a test for us 'old kids'! The answers are printed below, but don't cheat.

01.After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.

02.When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.

03'Get your kicks, __________________.'

04.'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ___________________.'

05.'In the j ungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'
    06.After the Twist,The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.'

07.Nestle's makes the very best . . . . _______________.'

08.Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

09.What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10.Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________. '

11.Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

12.The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in t he front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.

13.In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

14.We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit.. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __ ______________.

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
    02.. The Ed Sullivan Show
    03. On Route 66
    04. To protect the innocent
    05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    06. The limbo
    07. Chocolate
    08. Louis Armstrong
    09. The Timex watch
    10. Freddy, TheFreeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
    11 Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
    12. Beetle or Bug
    13. Buddy Holly 14. Sputnik
    15. Hoola-hoop

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I got 100% because I'm older than dirt !!!
  3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

13 out of 15
  4. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

Got em all except Freddie the Freeloader. Thanks, I forgot how old I really was. Tis thread strted me telling my kids about stuff that's different now than when I was a kid in the 60's and 70's. Back then we didn't have computers or cell phones. We had one phone with no call waiting so my mom spent lots of time telling my sisters to get off the phone. Nowadays I just want to be sure my girls aren't calling other countries!
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Nine. I knew some of the other ones but this darn Alzheimers.....
  6. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I got all of them right.
    Hoax, you got #10 wrong in the answers.
    Red Skelton always said, "May, God bless".
    He believed one should not command God to do something, so he always said "may".
    Small point, but accurate.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sat is right, although it certainly does not take away from the thread. This what I found when I Googled Red Skelton:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At the end of the program, Skelton would become serious and express his gratitude to his audience for their love and laughter. His signature closing line became "Good night and may God bless."[/FONT]​
  8. over9five

You guys are being too nice.

Hoax, ya screwed up!!!

You should be ashamed, publicly humiliated, and then banned.
    I'm sorry, it was good knowin' ya, but we gotta do what we gotta do.
  9. satellitedriver

Huh, we all got banned with your other thread.:happy-very::peaceful:
  10. over9five

Listen, Sat. I feel bad enough already!:sad-very: Hoax is one of my favorite people here. But we have to start upholding the high BrownCafe standards.

I can't do it, Sat. You'll have to ban Hoax! (seeing you discovered his outrageous mistake!!!) Thanks, Sat, I feel much better knowing it was you that banned Hoax, and not me!!
  11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I ask for clarity and leniency ...this seems to only be an egregious mistake.
  12. over9five

Egregious? I tell the whole world I love you, AND YOU SWEAR AT ME????
  13. satellitedriver

Go forth and sin no more, my son.
    Your penitence is four rosaries, three Our Fathers and 2 Hail Mary's.
  14. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I hardly knew any of them, I swear. :happy2:
    I always hung out with old people, they just seemed....well ...smarter.
  15. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

No wonder the upsers site never gets any updates, hoax is to busy reliving his teen years! lol
  16. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

Not true, yesterday someone updated the UPS Racing site right after Reutiman #44 took the pole!
  17. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Wow two firsts in one day! lmao!
  18. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

19. Signature Only

Signature Only Blue in Brown

Wow. 14 out of 15. I couldn't remember the limbo.
  20. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

Hubby and I got 13 out of 15. Not too bad since we watched Captain Kangaroo instead of Red Skelton. At first I thought the song "The day the music died" was about John Lennon, but it was written before he died. I remember getting up early on Saturdays just to watch The Lone Ranger.