A test for UPS: One day, 34 million packages

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Returntosender, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

ATLANTA—United Parcel Service Inc. all year has been focused on one day above the rest: Monday Dec. 22, when it will deliver 34 million packages, more than any other in its history.
  2. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

300 of those 34 million packages are in my truck, and about 75 of them will be coming back to the building at 10:00 tonight to be recorded as "missed". Sorry, Atlanta, but I cant deliver 17 hours worth of stops in 14, no matter how hard I try.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I got rid of 400 of them and am sitting at home taking my meal break.

Working yesterday was the best thing we could have done as a center/district.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

You didn't look at the dispatch sober...you only had a 12 hour planned day....lol
  5. rod

rod retired and happy

I bet you told all the rookies it was your idea.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

Despite being part-time, we preloaders were told to report at 10:00 last night.
    Volume was heavy, ~1,100 pieces instead of ~900 for me. And we were still wrapped up very early.
    The kicker was after we were told to wrap up and wait for "late air", someone made the brilliant decision to run a cold load or two - after most of the cars were fully loaded.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. FiXiE.GuRL

FiXiE.GuRL Member

Today was insane, lol, that's all I will say!!! :-)
  8. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Wait till all the time sensitive air packages hit Tuesday and Wednesday. lol
  9. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Active Member

Been a preloader for 13 years at UPS. We went in at 10 30 pm last night. We got done at 5 30 am. Was told air would be in around 8 am. Was told to go home because they didn't want to pay people to sit around and do nothing. So I went home, 7 30 am air arrives and they call me to say we could use you to come back in a few hours. Guess you didn't go back in. Lmao
  10. We had planes,leaving In the middle of the afternoon. Double trips to louisville.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Another failure peak in Soberland ... and it's never the local management's fault.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

It's all the goat's fault.
  13. Sober Is the best we got!
  14. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Active Member

I have to admit overall peak where I am at hasn't been it's normal cluster (will you get the picture)
  15. Tired Driver

Tired Driver Sisyphus had it easy.

Not working this peak but have heard drivers were being sent out with double work and no helpers today. They were told to head back to the building at 10:00pm with what they have left.
  16. What could the local do?
  17. mixyo

mixyo Active Member

Volume was light at my building today. Preload started at 00:30 and finished the last unload at 06:30.
  18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Over 11 hours to sort all the crap...and then wait for the air. So much for getting done early on a Monday!
  19. Copy of 2010 GTO 043.jpeg
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere