A test for UPS: One day, 34 million packages

Returntosender

ATLANTA—United Parcel Service Inc. all year has been focused on one day above the rest: Monday Dec. 22, when it will deliver 34 million packages, more than any other in its history.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
300 of those 34 million packages are in my truck, and about 75 of them will be coming back to the building at 10:00 tonight to be recorded as "missed". Sorry, Atlanta, but I cant deliver 17 hours worth of stops in 14, no matter how hard I try.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
300 of those 34 million packages are in my truck, and about 75 of them will be coming back to the building at 10:00 tonight to be recorded as "missed". Sorry, Atlanta, but I cant deliver 17 hours worth of stops in 14, no matter how hard I try.
You didn't look at the dispatch sober...you only had a 12 hour planned day....lol

HBGPreloader

Despite being part-time, we preloaders were told to report at 10:00 last night.
Volume was heavy, ~1,100 pieces instead of ~900 for me. And we were still wrapped up very early.
The kicker was after we were told to wrap up and wait for "late air", someone made the brilliant decision to run a cold load or two - after most of the cars were fully loaded.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Been a preloader for 13 years at UPS. We went in at 10 30 pm last night. We got done at 5 30 am. Was told air would be in around 8 am. Was told to go home because they didn't want to pay people to sit around and do nothing. So I went home, 7 30 am air arrives and they call me to say we could use you to come back in a few hours. Guess you didn't go back in. Lmao

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Another failure peak in Soberland ... and it's never the local management's fault.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have to admit overall peak where I am at hasn't been it's normal cluster (will you get the picture)

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Not working this peak but have heard drivers were being sent out with double work and no helpers today. They were told to head back to the building at 10:00pm with what they have left.

It's all the goat's fault.
Copy of 2010 GTO 043.jpeg