A test for UPS: One day, 34 million packages

upsman68

I had172 stops 220 pkgs. I used a helper for 5 hours. I punched out with 9.25 hours today. My center has hired extra drivers this year. We have some drivers complaining about their OT. I'm enjoying getting off earlier and enjoying the holiday season with my family.

sandman79

This is what they stuck me with in a 700 truck.

Attachments

• 1419306475949.jpg
    1419306475949.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 213

clarnzz

212 stops (all time high), 135 miles. 3.99 helper hours. My on road is pretty helpful, they pulled my 5,6,7, and 8's off, ran em out to me, and had over 100 stops off by 1PM, with a clean 700. 10.5 hours.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I average 250 pieces a day. Today I had around 500...in an 800. I usually do about 105 stops on my city route...today I did 205.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I worked 12.95 hours and brought back 10 stops. We had 2 seasonal drivers quit today and bring the trucks back,and another seasonal driver was arrested when someone called the police about a suspicious person in a Uhaul. turns out he had an outstanding warrant and he got a one way trip to the Graybar Hilton

brostalss

8:00am start time here. Left at 8:05am. Had 30 business stops done by 10:30am. Including my bulk stops.

126 for the day, I was done at 1:15pm. Nice nap at lunch. 2:30pm pick ups, brought in the air relay.

Home by 7:15pm

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You didn't look at the dispatch sober...you only had a 12 hour planned day....lol
According to ORION, my last 40 stops were all scheduled to be delivered at 11:59PM, which would have been just shy of 16 hours into my shift. I think it is because the software cant calculate beyond midnight so it just defaults everything beyond a certain point to 11:59. ORION's planned mileage for my route also exceeded the un-refueled range of my package car, so extra time/ miles would have to be planned for me to drive to a gas station.

Its a good thing I ignore ORION.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Another failure peak in Soberland ... and it's never the local management's fault.
"Local management" is an oxymoron.

The people I report to are plan facilitators, not managers, and the plans they facilitate are not their own.